Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You shouldnt have to thank someone for NOT being a psycho. smh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I met this man about a month ago. He's really nice and when we hang out we just sit and talk. It's fun. His wife passed away last year, so he is still going through a lot. We have agreed to just hang out and be friends. He tells me about his wife and everything they went through with her cancer (she wasn't even 35 when she passed) and how hard it still is etc. Over all he is not in a very good state of mind, he's really depressed (he is being treated) etc. And now his mom is really sick and dieing. So needless to say, he's been a little flaky. We will make plans and then something happens with his mom and he has to go, and a few times its just been a really rough day and he doesn't want to do anything. I'm always very understanding. I can't even imagine what he has been through.

But last night he sent me this big long email talking about how thankful he is that I am such a good person, and how he's never had someone (besides his wife) be so nice to him. And just all of this stuff. And the whole time I am reading this, I am thinking really? You shouldn't have to thank someone for not being controlling and possessive and psycho like everyone else! It just amazes me. I told him he should EXCEPT that the people in his life be kind and understanding. Esp right now with everything. I just don't understand some people...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Sounds like my dh when we first started dating he was amazed I didn't party, sleep around and was a good Mom even though I'm young and all I could think of was Wow he must have been with a bunch of slutty losers.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I know! I'm just thinking what kind of people are in your life that they're gonna get mad at you when you have to cancel plans bc your mom is in the hospital dieing!? I will never understand people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like my dh when we first started dating he was amazed I didn't party, sleep around and was a good Mom even though I'm young and all I could think of was Wow he must have been with a bunch of slutty losers.lol

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I agree. But maybe he want you to know how greatful he is to have you in his life. He wants you to Know he appreciates you instead of just assuming you know. I know I tell dh thanks for all he does for our family and I know I like hearing once in a while that I am appericated. Plus a lot of people now a days are scummy as swipes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM

yay

LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
*Pats you on the back*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM

my dh has had very bad woman figures in his life, of course starting with his mother (may she roast in hell)

his mother if anyone could call her that, was severly abusive, dh has too many scars to count, she also molested dh , his little brother  well all her childeren, she also sold him for sex a a child to support her drug habit. dh has blocked out alot. his 1st wife was sadly alot like his mom, but also had a penchant for hurting and killing animals, dh is an animal lover to the point he doesnt belive in dock tails or cliping ears ect. he was with her for 10 yrs. then divorced, we had been aquantinces before began talking much more getting to know eachter in the weeks before my 2nd divorce. we really hit it off spent hrs talking, it was long distance for over 6 months. then he moved here, everything clicked well with my 2 girls (he also did web chats with them and would read to them over webcam. he had long wanted a family and before me thought it was a dream that was gone.  we ttc, we lost emma at 38 weeks, she had a sever rare birth defect, after genetic testing, we found out dh has a translocation known to cause this, we still want kids together but we know it will be and uphill battle. he thanks me still for being the kind sweet loving person i am, that  over time he had become numb to so much pain in life not letting anything through not even happiness and had such dificulty showing emotions after them having been used against him. that i have helped  getting him back to the person he was meant to be.

boldrumble
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Accept
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Apparently there's very few sane women left in the world.lol

I hope his Mom gets better and everything works out for you and him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know! I'm just thinking what kind of people are in your life that they're gonna get mad at you when you have to cancel plans bc your mom is in the hospital dieing!? I will never understand people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured