Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're letting dh ew dd move in update! help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this
So we've had the girl for almost a week. I need her mom to sign some papers for school and we've been calling her for two days. No answer. Im starting to freak out.

Yesterday ew, we'll call her Nancy, came over to pick up my sds. But instead of taking them with her. She asked to speak to dh and I. I knew it was big since she included me in the conversation. Basically, she and her current dh are divorcing, he's a big heroin addict. He drained their savings and his car was repoed this week. She's going to be staying with a co-worker until she finds a place to stay. So she asked if her dd could stay with us while she gets herself together. She said none of her family would take her. Tbh, I really don't want to. This little girl is a handful and I have four kids to deal with already. Dh and I discussed it last night, he's willing to. But because he won't have to do any work. Plus financially its going to make things tight. We budget for the six of us, adding a seventh person to the mix will be a huge adjustment. Nancy already owes cs for sd and me money for babysitting a bit ago. I've come up with a million reasons why we shouldn't, but three why we should, my sds and I don't want to see this little girl going from couch to couch.
So when dh gets up, I'm telling him to go pick up the little girl and stop at the liquor store on the way home. I'm going to need something stronger then coffee.

Eta: the girl is NOT my husband's child. She is his ex wifes daughter. That's why I said her daughter. We are custodial parents to his dds. I get that its early.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Can i just say i think it is completely big of you to step up and help that little girl! You are doing a great thing fir her!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DazeDelights
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this
Well it's nice of you to take her in but I hope she doesn't pick up on the dislike you have for her.

Do you plan to stay "tipsy" the whole time she is with you? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Even though it is a tough situation, I think that all parties involved are being extremely mature and that is great. It took a lot I'm sure for The ex to come to you and I think it's great that you all have that relationship and it's best for everyone. Go you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Tbh my biggest issue is that she's getting over on me again. I mean she's left her dd with us multiple times before sometimes for weeks. And never paid, visited, etc.

Quoting laurag8707:

Can i just say i think it is completely big of you to step up and help that little girl! You are doing a great thing fir her!!

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Good for you! I hope you guys can make it work and the little girl doesn't feel out of place or any resentment.
What does tbh mean?
DazeDelights
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Oh and maybe you can turn her behavior around once she realizes how your kids act on a daily basis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I plan to stay drunk! Lol

Quoting DazeDelights:

Well it's nice of you to take her in but I hope she doesn't pick up on the dislike you have for her.

Do you plan to stay "tipsy" the whole time she is with you? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Part of being a stepparent is being open to the possibility of bonus kids moving in.  I'm glad you're doing the right thing.

My DH had full custody of my Sks....I helped him raise them.  It was crazy at times.  I had two kids of my own from my first marriage and we had three kids together making us an instant household of NINE!  We survived....you will too.  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
To be honest

Quoting RissyLee:

Good for you! I hope you guys can make it work and the little girl doesn't feel out of place or any resentment.

What does tbh mean?

DEJavu17
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Honey I took in the ex, her husband AND their kid! I know how u feel! Deep deep breaths!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured