Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ginger babies wtf?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 94 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know there are a lot of jokes about gingers not having souls and whatever out there and thats fine. I have just recently found out that some people actually fully believe this crap and im worried about my daughter. These people are saying we must kill all red headed babies. I mean I can take a joke but some of these idiots are serious. Im scared she will be bullied in school. And yes I know all kids get picked on at one time or another but this is outragous. It pisses me off that these assholes think its cool to say red heads should kill themselves because they (we) are disgusting. Smh. That all "gingers" shoild be knocked out and stuffed in a trunck then burried alive far away from any homes or people. Ok rant over...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staffordmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Sorry about the spelling mistakes I cant find the edit button. Lol!
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of that! Two of my cousins are gingers, one of my best friends in elementry was a ginger.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I have never heard anyone say such crazy things about a ginger/redheaded person......WTF

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My husband, and both of my kids are redheads. My 2yr old isn't in school yet but, my 2nd grader has never been teased because of his hair color. He also has a redheaded girl in his class, and she's never been teased. The only time his hair color is brought up at school is when people say that him and that little girl look like brother and sister.

ETA: My husband was never teased about his hair color.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

How old is DD? Hopefully by the time she is in school, people will move on to something else. I do have 2 red-headed students, in a sea of dark-haired students. They take a lot of crap, but at 13 years old, they handle it well.  You may need to teach DD some snappy comebacks. 

seyereus
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW...sorry you have to hear bull like that. I myself have never heard any such things. There are a lot of sick people in the world, you have to pay no mind. As far as getting bullied, if it's not hair color kids will find something. Just instill all the confidence you can in your daughter. She will need it for lots of reasons throughout her life. Also maintain a good open and honest relationship with her so she can come to you when her persoanl life( yes, like it or not they have one) is beating her down. Don't overinflate her self confidence, keep it real, but let her know she is valued and loved just the way she is. Oh and one more thing, I think your red hair is AWESOME!

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I know the joke about them not having souls. I say it about my favorite QB. But i dont truely believe it.. That would just be rediculous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I only heard that on south park!!! :-O are people really that stupid?!!!

FYI i love "ginger" kids. I really will love to have one! Bah i wish i was ginger so i didnt have to dye my hair red!!
staffordmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Its crazy I know! It originated in greek mythology but south park did a show about gingers stealing everyones souls. So thats why people are hating us now

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Never heard of that! Two of my cousins are gingers, one of my best friends in elementry was a ginger.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I so wanted a ginger baby.  it's a very rare trait in my family, but it didn't happen.  

The ginger hate is a relatively British thing, though.  I've not seen much of it in the US and the famous gingers help a lot (The Weasleys!!). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured