Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I know there are a lot of jokes about gingers not having souls and whatever out there and thats fine. I have just recently found out that some people actually fully believe this crap and im worried about my daughter. These people are saying we must kill all red headed babies. I mean I can take a joke but some of these idiots are serious. Im scared she will be bullied in school. And yes I know all kids get picked on at one time or another but this is outragous. It pisses me off that these assholes think its cool to say red heads should kill themselves because they (we) are disgusting. Smh. That all "gingers" shoild be knocked out and stuffed in a trunck then burried alive far away from any homes or people. Ok rant over...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

my parents dont see my kids because they say the same about them and it has made me so mad. they never even considered them grandkids.it's sad and yes i worry as well

i do not have red hair i have really dark brown but dh does and he did say he was picked on

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I have two gingers, 13 year old son, 10 year old daughter.  They always got picked on when they were little for their red hair, but now as they've gotten older it has pretty much stopped.  And my daughter's friends always tell her how lucky she is to have gorgeous long red hair.

Liz132
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I've never heard anything like that. That's ridiculous! Who would believe that?

KristenandCaleb
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That never happened when I was a kid but times have changed. Things are a lot more frightening these days. I have heard a few stories of children with red hair getting teased/bullied. It is a shame. I really have no suggestions except maybe teach them how to deal with it in a non-aggressive manner, or teach them how to defend themselves without resorting to physical violence. Anyway, hugs to you mama. Here is a website that may help: http://www.raising-redheads.com/teasing.html

C.S.K.L
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I've heard it joked about, but never thought anyone actually took it seriously! And yea when you mentioned it the first thing that popped into my head was South Park.

Aww I feel bad or laughing now I thought it was all joking around :(

I'm sorry people are assholes
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
What? that is crazy. I've never heard that before. Why would anyone believe that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard anything like that about red heads. My hair is auburn. If I'm in the sun you can see a lot of red. I've always loved it. My son has a light brown and again in the light you can tell he has red highlights even more clearly than my own. I love it! I love red hair and anyone who would believe red heads don't have souls are either stupid or jealous.

staffordmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
They are absolutly gorgeous!!

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

my parents dont see my kids because they say the same about them and it has made me so mad. they never even considered them grandkids.it's sad and yes i worry as well

i do not have red hair i have really dark brown but dh does and he did say he was picked on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
You've been watching too much South Park...if she didn't have red hair, she'd get teased about something else. No one actually believes that shit...
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

thank you. i am really jealous of the hair color.

Quoting staffordmommy:

They are absolutly gorgeous!!

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)