Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I know there are a lot of jokes about gingers not having souls and whatever out there and thats fine. I have just recently found out that some people actually fully believe this crap and im worried about my daughter. These people are saying we must kill all red headed babies. I mean I can take a joke but some of these idiots are serious. Im scared she will be bullied in school. And yes I know all kids get picked on at one time or another but this is outragous. It pisses me off that these assholes think its cool to say red heads should kill themselves because they (we) are disgusting. Smh. That all "gingers" shoild be knocked out and stuffed in a trunck then burried alive far away from any homes or people. Ok rant over...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like they people that are really crazy about this are a small group of people. I'm sure the kids in school won't say such horrible things like that. In my sons kindergarten class there is a little girl with long dark red hair. It is so pretty. None of the kids ever say anything mean about it. My son was telling me there was a girl that he really likes and wants to marry and I was hoping it was her, but it is another girl (not that I really care, he can marry any girl he wants). I have auburn hair and my husbands dad has strawberry blonde so I was hoping we would end up with one with red hair, but it didn't happen. My youngest had red hair when he was 1 then it turned blonde. Sorry, I started rambling.

3kidz123
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Sorry your dealing with this, but redheads aren't the first to face racism and hate crimes. 

Your going to just have to deal with it like every other group of people who ever faced racism...try finding support like on Cafemom or fellow moms in your community.

stormystar15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I've never heard such things and i have 2 ginger friends and they both have ginger daughters that are just so dang cute. I dont know why some people would think like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
My middle son was born with red hair. It turned to blonde around age 1 and brown around age 3. He is 4 now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
As a ginger mom to 4 ginger kids, dont worry about it. Unless you live in the UK your kid will be fine. Girls will get 1000 compliments, boys will have the odd old lady rub his head for luck on bingo night and all will be right in the world.
Yes im sure your kid will hear these things and just make sure she sees the humor un it. I agree.arm her with some snappy comebacks. 99% of the time the person saying it is trying to be funny as well
mommybug77
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM

yes, she will probably be teased about it as most kids are teased about something. I have not had anyone try to harm my strawberry blonde due to being a ginger though & she's entering junior high

ksueditz
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
When I was a toddler I had beautiful red hair but it darkened w/ age. I spent my teens trying to get that exact shade of red. :)
In our small town, they pick on the "gingers," but I've noticed the ones who embrace the kidding, no longer get picked on. My ds14's bff is a redhead, he answers to Ginger.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
How could anyone believe something so stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I am a ginger, my husband is a ginger, my oldest is a ginger and my baby has auburn hair (so basically half ginger) we get all the jokes. for christmas my mother bought me a box of gingerbread family cookies... it was too cute and too funny. You have to learn the jokes are just jokes. I think the jokes happen bc people are jealous of the natural hair color. dont take it to heart. 

amberbamber0213
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My daughter is a redhead with beautifull strawberry blonde curls. i think redheads are very very unique and stunning. heck my cosmo recently did i thing on it and red hair is becoming the new blonde.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)