Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May be a stupid question but.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I need my social security card and id by Monday. Both were in a wallet that got stolen. If I go apply for them today when will I get them? Will I get some type of letter until they can mail me my new stuff?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Check the website for your state, and it will have the requirements there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I think that's how it is here too. I remember needing my ss for my drivers license.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

See where I live it's the other way.

I can get a SS card with a birth certificate, but have to have the SS card to get an id.

Quoting banana-bear:

Not by Monday, that's for sure. If you go to the SS office and apply for a new card, they will give you a piece of paper stating that you applied for one and will be receiving it shortly. You need an ID to get it, though, so get that taken care of first.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

What state are you in? In florida, you need proof of SS. (they are closed today)You get a piece of paper prooving you have a social security number, Your Birth certificate (You get that when you leave vital statistics. And if you have changed your last name by getting married, you need a copy of your marriage liscence. Once you have all of your documents getting a new ID card should be pain free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
For your ID you can get it today. I always get it same day. SS card they mail out and you will have to wait. They should give you a piece of paper saying you are getting a new one.
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Oh and I forgot to add, In florida you can use a medical card to get a SS card.

banana-bear
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Oh no, I could be remembering wrongly. It has been at least 5 years since I needed either.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Yeah even for the replacement, because my dh and his sister had that issue (their dad took their SS cards, and they couldn't get replacement ids until they had SS cards).

It's so strange how policy for things like that is so different all over the country. It makes things so complicated.

Quoting banana-bear:

An initial ID or replacement ID? Here they just require two forms of ID; marriage and birth certificates can be used.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

See where I live it's the other way.

I can get a SS card with a birth certificate, but have to have the SS card to get an id.

Quoting banana-bear:

Not by Monday, that's for sure. If you go to the SS office and apply for a new card, they will give you a piece of paper stating that you applied for one and will be receiving it shortly. You need an ID to get it, though, so get that taken care of first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured