Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What I did at mcdonalds the other day... ((maybe it was wrong...))

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
9 moms liked this

I was at McD's with my 4 yr old and infant waiting for her older siblings during a music lesson to let her play.

We were the only ones there until this older guy comes in with his grandson.

This boy wasn't HORRIBLE... he wasn't screaming or throwing fits or anything.   He looked like he was about 5... going into KG next year probably.

He was just super rude to his grandpa.   His grandpa looked just BONE weary... tired.   The boy was just being demanding and such.

They were there 10 minutes when the boy was demanding to leave because he was bored.   Grandpa looks at his coffee and sighs... "Let grandpa finish his coffee and then.."

"No, I want to go now!"

This went on for a while until the boy changed tactics... he started whining and kicking up a SMALL fuss about his leg hurts and he can't walk!!

At this point, the boy catches my eye... and I did it...

I really did...  I have to say I don't think I thought about it... I just gave him my toughest, "Mommy Eye version of the evil eye."  

That boy's eyes widened and he stared at me for a bit...but then sat down in his seat quietly.

He stopped whining and grandpa got about five more minutes to finish his coffee and the boy was a lot nicer during those five minutes.   How he behaved at home???  I have no clue...

I just felt so bad for his grandpa... 

I'm not justifying what I did... LOL!... but, I'm an old fashioned parent.   If my kid is being disrespectful, I don't mind any reasonable adult correcting them... (not corporally or name calling or anything...)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifbrown
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Good for you. I have given many unruley brats the eye. Usually works well. Apparently I just have that mom "give it up or else" look, that can stop you in your tracks haha.

kathislove80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Nothing wrong with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Oh yeah i have done that before. Kids fear my evil eye
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Good for you. At least grandpa got a few more minutes before the kid started up again. I can assure you he acts like that, if not worse, at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM

You did the right thing it seems like.  I've done that before I even had kids, I just channeled my mom's angry face.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I've given the look lol. I even told a kid to stop once because he kept tugging on my bags at the mall and his parents were off talking not watching him. He calmed down quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Good for you!  I've given a couple kids the mommy eye before.

Clove09
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Lol!
Go mama:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I give kids "the eye" all the time.  Most don't seem to care, but some do.

DebnDrew
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM

there is nothing wrong with showing a child they are being inappropriate or a whiny little brat......good for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN