Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone here had a hernia? If so I have a few questions for you

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

I think my husband has a hernia. It first started off as achy testicles. Then when he went to lift something the area he has said that was uncomfortable hurt. Now when hes at work he says when he gets up his groin burns. Then he also said it has a sharp shooting pain the groin.He is suppose to see a surgeon this week to get diagnosed but what can he do in the meantime? He has said Ibuprophen does not work on his pain.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

bump

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Bump
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I had an umbilical hernia so I don't think I'll be much help at all. The best thing I could do was limit my lifting. And because it was in y belly button I had to make sure not to over eat. Sounds like his is a much more severe case especially since he's a man. I know almost every guy I've worked with has had at least 1 hernia. We do a lot of heavy lifting at work tho.

I wish I could help more. Sorry. If its a hernia and he has surgery he needs to strengthen his core muscles as much as possible to prevent another one.
krayzbabylove
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I had one in my groin area when I was 13. I never had any pain. If it is a hernia, and it hurts, it is probably twisted, and that is very dangerous. He should go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I'm scared for him. He is the bread winner and if he can't work he won't get paid. In a week hell be off for a month. His insurance is screwed up and might not kick in till Tuesday.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

I had one in my groin area when I was 13. I never had any pain. If it is a hernia, and it hurts, it is probably twisted, and that is very dangerous. He should go in.

krayzbabylove
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Well if he is going to be off for a month, that's really good for healing time if he needs surgery.. have him go in asap.

Quoting Allinorder:

I'm scared for him. He is the bread winner and if he can't work he won't get paid. In a week hell be off for a month. His insurance is screwed up and might not kick in till Tuesday.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM

That's what it sounds like...

I have one at the very tip top inside of my thigh... not really on my lady bits, but way in the crack of the thigh and pelvis.  

I get some similar pains... sometimes I'll be walking along and it will just flare up... right out of no where.  

I've had it for years.   Surgery is my only option, but it hasn't been frequent enough to want to do that.

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
My son had an inangurial (sp?) Hernia. It came out thru his testicle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)