Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am furious! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
2 moms liked this
We do NOT eat chocolate in this House! It makes you fat & is bad for your body & teeth. But yet my MIL GAVE OUR 4 YEAR OLD CHOCOLATE MILK! She knows we do NOT let our kids have junk yet she did anyway! WTF. FIRST STOP CALLING ME MARTHA. MY NAME IS AMY. SECOND YOU WOULDNT WANT SOMEONE BREAKING UR RULES. THIRD YEAH 1 TIME IS BAD NOW CUZ SHE'LL ASK FOR IT AGAIN.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hi Martha

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Is Martha still stalking you? How is your 12 year old and his Cinderella panties?

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Uuummm okay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would be mad also if she knew you don't allow that but did it any way!

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

oh jeez

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
10 moms liked this

everything in moderation.

Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Two heart health benefits of dark chocolate are:

• Lower Blood Pressure: Studies have shown that consuming a small bar of dark chocolate everyday can reduce blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
  • Lower Cholesterol: Dark chocolate has also been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) by up to 10 percent.

Other Benefits of Dark Chocolate:

Chocolate also holds benefits apart from protecting your heart:

• it tastes good
  • it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
  • it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
  • it contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants

Doesn't Chocolate Have a lot of Fat?:

Here is some more good news -- some of the fats in chocolate do not impact your cholesterol. The fats in chocolate are 1/3 oleic acid, 1/3 stearic acid and 1/3 palmitic acid:

• Oleic Acid is a healthy monounsaturated fat that is also found in olive oil.
  • Stearic Acid is a saturated fat but one which research is shows has a neutral effect on cholesterol.
  • Palmitic Acid is also a saturated fat, one which raises cholesterol and heart disease risk.

That means only 1/3 of the fat in dark chocolate is bad for you.

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Drinks chocolate milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We limit the amount of junk our kids get, but that goes out the window cause daily my dad brings home donuts, cookies, cakes all kinds of crap for the kids. REALLY??? REALLY? I just get so mad that's the tip of the ice berg when it comes to them over ruling our rules. I know they need us and are ill but I am getting tired of the constant disrespect of our rules. I am contemplating putting them in a home, cause this is our house but not our rules.

skeletor1017
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM

already done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)