Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've never had problems with my teeth...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 41 Replies
Specifically, wisdom teeth pain. Everyone told me the dentist usually recommends you get your wisdom teeth out by 21 but I'm almost 26 and have never had pain.

Have you ever had pain from the WT older or do you think I might have a good chance of them never surfacing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 29, still have mine and I've never had any pain or problems at all. They're all still under the gums. My mom is 52 and never got hers out either and has never had any issues.
vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

im 23 and mine never even showed up.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I've never had any dental problems, not even so much as a cavity, and I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. Mine started coming in when I was 19 and when I joined the Navy at 21 even the boot camp dentist said that they were in perfect condition. I didn't need to have mine taken out. It's possible that your wisdom teeth may never erupt but you will need to see a dentist to make sure they don't rot underneath your gums. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I had mine taken out at 18.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

i had two of mine removed last year because they were causing pain. the other two are beginning to come in but cause no pain or discomfort and also arent effecting the alignment of my other teeth. So unless they start causing problems they will stay where they are. Everyones are different!

*im 25 btw*

elliem87
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I had to get mine out. It was an emergency oral surgery. Sucked
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Mine surfaced when I was 19-ish and that hurt. But I haven't had any pain since. I'm 37 and still have them in.

Nicole1357
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure. I had mine out right before I turned 21. Although my sister is 31 and her WT have yet to surface. 

goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I had mine up until I turned 38.  Never had many issues with them, they would start to come out and then move back into my gums.  As I got older though, that caused them to hold bacteria and get infected.  Now they are gone.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I was 28 when 3 of mine came in. I had to have them out when my straight teeth started shifting it sucked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)