Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is absolutely no reason

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 249 Replies
8 moms liked this
To be a sahm on food stamps. I must be too knew because I didnt realize how common this way.

So basically can anyone give me a GOOD reason besides MAYBE disability that this would be ok. Sitting at home on your ass all day should automatically disqualify you from assistance.

Necessity is the mother of invention, I hear and it sounds like some need some necessity in their life
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T-HoneyLuv
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
20 moms liked this
* new * * was *

You're welcome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I want free shit! I have been a full time employee since I was old enough to get my working permit.
Kitschy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM
27 moms liked this

I think that some women don't have the education to obtain a job that makes enough to cover child care? Maybe?

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM
9 moms liked this

Eh, you don't know everyone's situation.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
They should've planned better.

Quoting Kitschy:

I think that some women don't have the education to obtain a job that makes enough to cover child care? Maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

in some places day cares are so expensive that working just doesnt make sense. i know for me personally, if i did work, pretty much my entire paycheck would go just to daycare. but i am not on food stamps, never have been, and i can only speak for myself. just a possible scenario for ya!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Well I think the logical answer here is do not have children you cannot afford. Logic seems to escape so many though so I will offer alternatives.

Babysit, walk dogs, mow lawns, clean hours. Get a job working the opposite shift as your spouse, work from home. Use your spare time to coupon so you can fit groceries into your budget.

You and your are general in this entire reply, not directed toward you.

Quoting Kitschy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I wouldn't case enough to be aware she was on welfare. I don't give a damn. It is there for a reason and the system can decide. Ours does a good job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I don't have a car to get back and forth to work. The only reason DH gets to work is because our neighbor works at the same place. Other than that, we'd be screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
6 moms liked this
Blah blah blah worry about your own shitty life and not other's
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)