Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont wanna stand her up....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

One of my great friends recently found a video of her husband cheating. We havent gotten to talk about it much, but thats the jist of it.

She asked me to go out with her tonight since she is stressed about the divorce and everything, and I told her I would since the kids are gone tonight. Ive been sick for two weeks and while getting out of the house sounds so nice I just dont know if I can do it. I know shes excited to go out and socialize since its not something she gets to do often.  should I just tell her I dont feel like going, or what? I have no voice and Im sooo tired. Should I just suck it up and go, or appoligize and tell her I canT? I feel so bad.... Im sure Id make it through the night but it just doesnt sound like something I really wanna do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwilliams76
by Irene on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I'd cancel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Suck it up and go. You will feel better once you get out.
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If you don't feel like going, don't.  Maybe you could have her over to your house to talk and maybe have a glass of wine?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

She really wants to get out and socialize. She works her ass off, and usually works weekends at night.. We were going to go to the small local bar and grill then hit up the "club" in our town.. I know once I get ready and stuff Ill be okay.. but Im sooo tired. I need to get my house picked up to bc if I go out then I know I wont feel like it tomorrow.

Quoting Texascandee:

If you don't feel like going, don't.  Maybe you could have her over to your house to talk and maybe have a glass of wine?

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you should suck it up if you can.  Your friend probably really needs you right now.  If you just can't fake it, then have her come to your house to hang out.  At least be there for her in some capacity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM

She needs you. Don't cancel at the last minute.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Could you compromise and maybe just have her come over for coffee or whatever and "girl talk" after the kids are in bed?  Tell her why and that you'll take a rain check on the night out - that she can count on it when you're feeling better.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
For a friend I would make sure to be there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right. Im just gunna go.. I feel so bad for her. Im so pissed at her husband. He was a great friend to. I would always thank him for being such an amazing husband to her and for treating her so well. I am disgusted with him and I just want to be there for her.  even if I Cant talk

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think you should suck it up if you can.  Your friend probably really needs you right now.  If you just can't fake it, then have her come to your house to hang out.  At least be there for her in some capacity.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
You need to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)