Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Midlife Sex Rut Rant!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Here is my dilemma. DH and I have been married for 31 years. We get along great and all that marriage stuff. Except for sex. DH bitches about it DAILY. Yet every single night he never wants to do anything before we head up to bed. Most couples do stuff around the house. Play cards or cook or whatever. My DH lounges in his recliner watching tv for hours on end and dozing. If I watch tv I fall asleep like a baby. So I stay busy doing things but he will never join me in anything. I suggest the cards or a drive, anything but watching tv. He says no and watches tv til his brain turns mushy.  But after he jerks awake he's like "oh wow....I see no sex again tonight". Thats some damn strange kind of foreplay ya know? Like I have a fuckin sex mood switch on me and should just hop right into the mood upon his mention of it. GOD it annoys me. (He is snoring loudly this very minute!) In an hour or so he'll snort himself awake and think it's sex time. I have been going through some medical crap and a lot of stress and he thinks so what? Like it's a bodily function. Well I keep thinking bodily function your old ass straight to bed! Guess my rant is over. And two horny middle aged people will strong will our stubborn selves into another sexless night! ARG!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
If it makes you feel any better, this sounds exactly like my life, and I'm only 27!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I feel your pain. DH and I are very similar. I tell him I need more than him just telling me he needs sex. He doesn't seem to get it either. What the hell happened? He use to make me weak in the knees by sneaking up behind me and kissing my neck. You are not alone.

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I had breast cancer leading to a bilateral mesectomy and a year later a total hysterectomy. I have no sex drive what so ever. I feel bad when my new husband wants to be intimate and I just don't have the desire. Wish I did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)