Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many of you will take part in this ridiculous practice?! *edited* *added a link for healthy ways to dye your eggs*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How many of you will dye eggs with your children for Easter?

Its a waste. In reality, how many of you will ectually eat all of those eggs. I am sure lots of them will be thrown away, which is a huge waste. THere are homeless people that I am sure would love two hot scrambled eggs at any time of the day really.

But you all dye them and then most likely toss them. SMFH

I AM IN DISBELIEF RIGHT NOW. I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE DYE GETS IN YOUR EGG SALAD OR WHAT NOT AND YOU EAT IT. SO SAD TO SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE POISONING YOUR KIDS. SODA, PROCESSED JUNK FOOD AND NOW KNOWINGLY INGESTING DYE. ENJOY YOUR SHORT UNHEALTHY LIFE

THE HEALTHY WAY TO DYE EGGS AND NOT POISON YOUR CHILDREN

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (81-90):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM

100% yes haven't missed a year since I was a kid and I am 41.  We dye 4 dzn eggs and eat probably 2dzn.

Yup care about the homeless but in this instance tradition trumps all.  My kids joy and memories that we are making with our children are far more important.

mybabyapples
by Nickels on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you have any idea how many eggs are thrown away on a daily basis at a grocery store. And what if I don't buy eggs to dye this year, does that mean that a homeless man will get them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
We dye them and eat them. Last year my dog found 8 of the 12 we dyed before the kids found them. Her shits were terrible and explosive! Worst thing ever! This year we will make she she isn't allowed out before the kids, lmao!
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

We will dye, then eat the eggs. The only time we don't is if the shell is damaged.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

We are going to dye our eggs using shaving cream and water color paints this year. It is going to be so much fun.

We do eat the eggs after. I turn them into deviled eggs for Easter dinner.

sweetieiv
I do not do hard boiled eggs. Starting in February I will poke a whole in the pointy area of the egg and then shake the egg out of the shell. I wash that and then save it. We dye egg shells with no egg in it. We have already eaten the eggs so its not a waste in my family and my son loves to dye eggs. We stuff the eggs with confetti and hide them who ever finds an egg shell can crack it on the head of another family member. Its so much fun. We all get egged by the end of the day and we love it. We also hide plastic eggs with candy in them. But the kids try to find the egg shells better because they're more fun than the plastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

O.o why would we throw them away?! I always painted/died my eggs as a kid and we always ate them. They were a part of Easter bunny surprise (our special Easter breakfast) every Easter morning. Then we would spend the rest of the day munching on them with only a few left after the day was over.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
We eat them all. I turn them into egg salad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I will dye eggs with my daughter and yes we eat all of the eggs that we dye...I will make deviled eggs and egg salad for sandwiches...also I eat boiled eggs in my salads for lunch...plus it's just fun to dye the eggs with her

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
We dye them and then we eat them. Imagine that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN