Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many of you will take part in this ridiculous practice?! *edited* *added a link for healthy ways to dye your eggs*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How many of you will dye eggs with your children for Easter?

Its a waste. In reality, how many of you will ectually eat all of those eggs. I am sure lots of them will be thrown away, which is a huge waste. THere are homeless people that I am sure would love two hot scrambled eggs at any time of the day really.

But you all dye them and then most likely toss them. SMFH

I AM IN DISBELIEF RIGHT NOW. I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE DYE GETS IN YOUR EGG SALAD OR WHAT NOT AND YOU EAT IT. SO SAD TO SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE POISONING YOUR KIDS. SODA, PROCESSED JUNK FOOD AND NOW KNOWINGLY INGESTING DYE. ENJOY YOUR SHORT UNHEALTHY LIFE

THE HEALTHY WAY TO DYE EGGS AND NOT POISON YOUR CHILDREN

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (561-570):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
We feed them to my grandparent's chickens! We usually only do a dozen or two dozen bolied eggs and the rest are plastic eggs and confetti eggs.
moogsmom03
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We don't toss them, we dye them, the kids find them and then we make egg salad, deviled eggs, etc. Why would you dye them and throw them away? That's crazy to me. It's a tradition in our house, I would never skip that, it's fun for the kids.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting norwgnwood:

Let the eggs sit out for a few minutes.
Put them in a pot & fill with water.
Put the pot on the stove on high heat.
As soon as the water starts to boil set a timer for 10 minutes.
Get the eggs out of the water after 10 minutes and put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and cool them off.
You'll have perfect eggs every time.

Quoting purpleducky:

It's fun. Then again, I screw up boiling them and they are never fully hard boiled.

After you put the eggs in the ice water crack the shells relly good and let them sit. The water will get under the shell and make it much easier to peel.
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
We will dye them and then eat them for Easter dinner. We let the kids make cute little pictures out of the cracked shells. I guess just don't dye more then you will eat. I happen to have a large family. Sucks to be your kids I guess.
BrittVan
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We do 2-3 dozen. But we don't hardboil them all. We do the tiny holes and blow them out and use them to make a lot of homemade cookies with the family, and with the hardboiled we make egg-salad.

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My dad always ate ours and then my little sister started to like them too. My mom and I never did but we colored them so my dad and sister could eat them. I think my husband likes them too so I will be coloring eggs with my son when hes older since hes only 16 months now

ChloeDolce1
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Omg shut up. And actually we don't waste the eggs at all. We have hard boiled eggs in the house all the time anyway because I put th in salad and also we just use them in general for a quick protein source.

It's a tradition my kids enjoy and it's not harming anyone so get over it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 91 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I eat egg salad for a week afterwards!

BrittVan
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

lol vinegar is NOT toxic, it's actually really good for you. And if you've eaten any sort of sweets with different colors or most foods for that matter, then yeahh food coloring.

Quoting AthenaGrace:

Quoting buttercup627:

Kits are non toxic..it's basically food coloring with vinegar

Quoting AthenaGrace:

Agreed. I don't like dyeing eggs anyway, but when you think about a) eating toxic dye remnants, or b) throwing them out and wasting food...then there's just no way it's worth it.

We don't eat food coloring or vinegar. So yeah...toxic.

Wicked.Jester
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I needed a good laugh today.  With all the food that gets wasted in this country and you are worried about some fucking easter eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)