Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questioning God?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
4 moms liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I started questioning god in 1st grade at my catholic school.  I spent a lot of time in the principal's office.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
4 moms liked this

The way I see it, having the freedom to do whatever I want is a good thing. I wouldn't love or respect a God who forced me to be his puppet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
God is good... that is all. :)
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM
5 moms liked this

He is able and willing.  People just like their free will too much.  Imagine being forced to believe in God.  You don't want that do you?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Free will...God lets us choose whether or not we want to be evil. He just lets us know the consequences or rewards of our choices.
CatFishMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Yep, Ive seen this and I completely agree.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of God's most beloved in the bible were the ones that questioned him often.  

RosemaryFrancis
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO, I wouldn't say he 'allows' things to happen; (it's kind of hard to explain; but there are times when bad things happen......and to good people for a reason.  I believe in some instances, it's to 'test' the bad people possibly commiting those crimes or hurting people and others, it's because it's something that a 'victim' per say may need to go through in order to become stronger and possibly help others by experience.  I know that it may sound stupid or just plain bad for these things to have or be allowed to happen; but that's just how I deal with things that have happened to me, loved ones around me or how I see it in the world.  We all were born with the freedom ability to choose on every aspect of our life so it makes sense to me.  I believe there are many times, God intervenes for reasons we do not understand and times when he doesn't for the same reason. 

robyann
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

There is evil in this world, satan is on the earth. We have the choice but if we do not chose at all, we chose evil by default. Evil has consequences, you reap what you sow, karma, what goes around comes around........

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I've been a quite existential since 7 when my chuch kicked me out.

Full blown atheist since 16.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)