Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you allow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Phone calls to your daughter from boys? Do you have a specific thing they must say before you hand the phone to DD? My daughter was reminicing with a friend of hers and they brought up the time the friend called another friend on the phone and didn't know this father had strict phone rules; she said "Hi, it's _____, is _____ there?" and the father stopped her and said, "Seeing as this is the first time you've called our house I will be polite and explain the rules. When I answer the phone you announce yourself with your first and last name, you will then ask how I am; after I've answered and asked how you are you may then ask for my daughter. you will say "I was wondering if ____ was around, I would like to talk to her about (subject). Next time I will hang up on you." He would hang up the phone if it was a male's voice asking for his daughter. So what are your rules? Do they have to stay in the loungeroom or can they talk in their bedroom? Do you insist on knowing a reason for the call? What age do you allow opposite phone calls? I knew one parent who was so convinced his DD was strictly supervised, no phone calls, texts, even emails from boys (not even about school) but had no idea (to put it nicely) that his girl was the town slut. :/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesWifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

That man is ridiculous.......

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Wth??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I have a 15 year old...they don't talk on the phone they text....
EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Wth? Haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Yep he was. DD was going to call this girl because she'd taken something of DD's (her address book) and people were getting prank phone calls, and she was having a panic attack about having to explain to the dad why she was calling. She almost forgot her last name!

Quoting KylesWifey:

That man is ridiculous.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM

which bit? :P

Quoting Kylie819:

Wth??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Mine did a bit of both. She was lonely enough at home though that she wanted to hear peoples voices, and not have to pay to send words :P

Quoting ebbierowe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM

pretty much! I knew this would turn into a "what a crazy parent" post :P

Quoting EAzizM:

Wth? Haha

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
No rules yet, my kid is only two and she only talks with uncles and grandparents so far.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yeah its a unlimited family plan so she might as well us them. The other 4 of us talk plenty of enough for her to get her fill of words. She does facetime though

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine did a bit of both. She was lonely enough at home though that she wanted to hear peoples voices, and not have to pay to send words :P

Quoting ebbierowe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured