Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being totally selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
First off I never expect anyone to take my kid so I can have a night off.

My dilemma is my mom always talks about how much she wants to take my son over night or for the day etc. she constantly talks about doing all these things with him. Now she does take him over night on a semi regular basis but when she does she always complains. "Oh he didn't sleep", "he's being cranky" she also will phone me and tell me she's doing something the next day and I need to pick him up when she knows I have work. It seems whenever she does have him she's complaining but whenever she doesn't have him she's saying how much she wants to see him.

For this reason I haven't let her take him in a few weeks. Am I being a jerk for this annoying me so much? I feel super selfish because she's taking him for me. I make it clear before hand that I'm going to drop him off at this time and pick him up at this time and I even ask if that's okay. Also a lot if the time she makes my sister watch him so she can go out on a date or go on the computer. I don't know it just frustrates me. Am I being nit picky or would it frustrate you too?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Bump
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
It would piss me off really
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Ugh it just makes me so frustrated. She was a good mom for a long time until she got divorced now she's really self centred.

Quoting silverdawn99:

It would piss me off really
angevil53
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Nope i don't let my mil take my dd since before xmas. She was mad bc she wanted us to host xmas last year but i worked let her drug addict friends come over. Plus i was footing the bill for prime rib. She had a fit thinking my dh would say ok. But ge hates these friends. It wasn't really even me that said no. But she starts bad mouthing me for asking her to watch dd. She watched her once a month for my obgyn appts or ultrasounds. I told dh never again will she watch my kids. Now she's asked twice why we haven't asked. Not fighting with her! She's going to deal with her mouth. Even my bil said she was crazy for saying that.
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM
If I were you, I'd start clearing it with the sister before allowing her to take him. If she's going to end up babysitting anyway, might as well treat it as such.
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I'd be pretty mad too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Both my sisters are more then happy to watch him but they are 15 and 17 so they change their minds the moment a better offer comes along.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

If I were you, I'd start clearing it with the sister before allowing her to take him. If she's going to end up babysitting anyway, might as well treat it as such.
mrsmac521
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM

It would fustrate me as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)