Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

jaw dropshh

Checks behind the shower curtain when they walk in the bathroom?  Just in case a robber is sitting in your bathtub. LOL. Everytime I walk in the bathroom I do that, ha!  My son caught me do that, he asked what I was doing, so I told him I was looking to see if we needed more shampoo, lol. 

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I loved the topiary!! It was so wonderfully creepy. And yes, part of why I liked it better was that it was truer to the book.

Quoting ColieO:

You're not alone. The TV remake was so much truer to the book. The hedges. Eeep.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Decaying naked chick in the tub. *shudders* I hate to admit this, but I really liked the 1997 remake better than the Kubrick version. Kubrick just had a habit of jizzing on everything and making it sticky, uncomfortable, and weird. I will say that the twins and overall imagery was creepier in the original.

Quoting waffa:

The Shining? that is my language momma!

which one do you mean? the twins, naked chick, or ?????

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm usually looking for the ghost from The Grudge. Or the ghost from The Shining. 

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Not me. I dont even open the curtain until I am butt ass naked so if I get murdered someone is getting a hell of a look at flat, saggy boobies before they do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Lol, yeah, I hit 40 last year. I love it! Anyway, give the remake a shot, I was just saying that part of the reason I like it is that it's truer to the book. It's got some great creepy moments too. The only problem is that the kid that plays Danny isn't nearly as great as the original. 

Quoting waffa:

*does best Jack N. impersonation*

'what the hell? they remade MY movie?'

srsly, guess I need to look up the '97 remake cuz the og. is all I know

<--- way old-school, but looking at your SN you're only 2 years behind me LOL!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Decaying naked chick in the tub. *shudders* I hate to admit this, but I really liked the 1997 remake better than the Kubrick version. Kubrick just had a habit of jizzing on everything and making it sticky, uncomfortable, and weird. I will say that the twins and overall imagery was creepier in the original.

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm usually looking for the ghost from The Grudge. Or the ghost from The Shining. 

nataliesmom2012
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep my shower curtain open for that exact reason. I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff.
aimeegreen4ever
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I do, even when I'm at other peoples houses :)
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM

we leave our shower curtain open so I can honestly say that I have never done that lol

waffa
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

just like Christine or any movie from a SK book, they all fall short, but I will look into the tv version

<--- 43 this coming August (1970 woot!)

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Lol, yeah, I hit 40 last year. I love it! Anyway, give the remake a shot, I was just saying that part of the reason I like it is that it's truer to the book. It's got some great creepy moments too. The only problem is that the kid that plays Danny isn't nearly as great as the original. 

Quoting waffa:

*does best Jack N. impersonation*

'what the hell? they remade MY movie?'

srsly, guess I need to look up the '97 remake cuz the og. is all I know

<--- way old-school, but looking at your SN you're only 2 years behind me LOL!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Charliesmommy11
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Guilty
armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I don't

momstermom85
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM
this
Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I keep my shower curtain open always for that very reason lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)