Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

jaw dropshh

Checks behind the shower curtain when they walk in the bathroom?  Just in case a robber is sitting in your bathtub. LOL. Everytime I walk in the bathroom I do that, ha!  My son caught me do that, he asked what I was doing, so I told him I was looking to see if we needed more shampoo, lol. 

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
faeriemom1972
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I'm pretty nervous about the remake of Carrie, the original had it's corny moments, but it was pretty great.

Quoting waffa:

just like Christine or any movie from a SK book, they all fall short, but I will look into the tv version

<--- 43 this coming August (1970 woot!)

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Lol, yeah, I hit 40 last year. I love it! Anyway, give the remake a shot, I was just saying that part of the reason I like it is that it's truer to the book. It's got some great creepy moments too. The only problem is that the kid that plays Danny isn't nearly as great as the original. 

Quoting waffa:

*does best Jack N. impersonation*

'what the hell? they remade MY movie?'

srsly, guess I need to look up the '97 remake cuz the og. is all I know

<--- way old-school, but looking at your SN you're only 2 years behind me LOL!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Decaying naked chick in the tub. *shudders* I hate to admit this, but I really liked the 1997 remake better than the Kubrick version. Kubrick just had a habit of jizzing on everything and making it sticky, uncomfortable, and weird. I will say that the twins and overall imagery was creepier in the original.

Quoting waffa:

The Shining? that is my language momma!

which one do you mean? the twins, naked chick, or ?????

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm usually looking for the ghost from The Grudge. Or the ghost from The Shining. 

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I do it ESPECIALLY when I'm at another persons house!!! lol

Quoting aimeegreen4ever:

I do, even when I'm at other peoples houses :)

waffa
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Carrie has a remake too? can't possibly be better that Sissy, John, PJ, Nancy, and Amy?

what freaking rock have I been under? I mean, have all the latest installments/remakes of Texas Chainsaw, but how in the hell no clue about these classic remakes?

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm pretty nervous about the remake of Carrie, the original had it's corny moments, but it was pretty great.

Quoting waffa:

just like Christine or any movie from a SK book, they all fall short, but I will look into the tv version

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Lol, yeah, I hit 40 last year. I love it! Anyway, give the remake a shot, I was just saying that part of the reason I like it is that it's truer to the book. It's got some great creepy moments too. The only problem is that the kid that plays Danny isn't nearly as great as the original. 

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Decaying naked chick in the tub. *shudders* I hate to admit this, but I really liked the 1997 remake better than the Kubrick version. Kubrick just had a habit of jizzing on everything and making it sticky, uncomfortable, and weird. I will say that the twins and overall imagery was creepier in the original.

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm usually looking for the ghost from The Grudge. Or the ghost from The Shining. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

mmmonkey
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I used to a long time ago, haha. And not necessarily to check for a robber, but for anyone. I don't know why would anyone hide in the shower to wait for me to poop, but I always checked just in case if the shower curtain was closed.

Now I have a standing shower in my bathroom with a glass door and a jacuzzi so no need for shower curtains :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I do it but its because of a prank my step dad tried to play on my mom when I was little and I was the unfortunate accidental victim.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

omg I think if i opened the curtain and my husband was hiding in there, i'd punch him in the face because of instinct, lmao

Quoting mmmonkey:

I used to a long time ago, haha. And not necessarily to check for a robber, but for anyone. I don't know why would anyone hide in the shower to wait for me to poop, but I always checked just in case if the shower curtain was closed.

Now I have a standing shower in my bathroom with a glass door and a jacuzzi so no need for shower curtains :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I have a clear shower curtain and keep it open for that reason. The sad thing is I worry about someone hiding in the shower but never lock my doors.
2BRBgirlz
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Every.single.time.   My DH and DD think that it is hilarious to hide in there and jump out at me!! 

faeriemom1972
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I think I'd be happy under a rock, lol, but my husband loves going to movies and reading about upcoming movies and he loves to share information. It looks like Juliann More is playing the mom. I love her, but Piper Laurie was so wonderful in the original.

Quoting waffa:

Carrie has a remake too? can't possibly be better that Sissy, John, PJ, Nancy, and Amy?

what freaking rock have I been under? I mean, have all the latest installments/remakes of Texas Chainsaw, but how in the hell no clue about these classic remakes?

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting waffa:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

oh hell no!!!!  lmao

Quoting 2BRBgirlz:

Every.single.time.   My DH and DD think that it is hilarious to hide in there and jump out at me!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN