Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a young mom who needs advice on where to go from here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My mother kicked me out at 16, because I quit being a Jehovah's Witness and started to have severe suicidal tendencies. (Cutting and saying that I do not want to live anymore) She stated that she could not handle that, and my older brother adopted me. My brother lost his home, my dad was arrested for drug abuse, and my mom changed phone numbers. I couched hopped, until 18.

Within a 2 year time span, I met my fiancee, moved in together, had a baby. He recently cheated on me and I had no where else to go, but my mother's. She agreed to help me, and to get me to and from work, watch baby, and help me to get my driver's license. (I still just have a permit, because I've always lived by my work.)

I've been a nervous, emotional wreck since baby. My mother, brother, and Grandma live in this house. I burst in to tears at the slightest thing. Like if something goes wrong at work. I called my mom today, and she accidentally answered, but was talking to the rest of the family. She said, "My daughter is a manipulating woman, who cries and gives silent treatments just so others will pity her. I am moving, because I'd rather live in a 1 bdr apartment than to listen to her and that crying baby another day." 

I have been crying all evening. My grandmother came out and said "Your mother can't stand to be around you anymore. She's done speaking to you, helping you, and is not going to answer your calls so give up on trying to call her. See, you are crying just to get what you want and so we will feel bad for you. Maybe if you chose the right path, like your brother, we would give you the help that you need."(right path, as in Jehovah's Witness)

When I asked her to give me a ride to work, she said "There is no point in you working. You are going to live here, get child support from her useless father, food stamps, and forget about working at this low pay job. We are done helping you. You are a wreck." 

I told them it was from relationship problems and pp depresiion and they said that I'm just making excuses.. I have work at 10am, my mom is ignoring me and gma said she is never speaking to me. And I have no ride, no babysitter, nothing. What do I do??? :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Wow! I wish I had some advice for you. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
billiejo79
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this

If I was you I would  find a womens shelter.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I would try a woman's shelter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Woman's shelter and some deep counseling
1likeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Call family and friends. There has to be at least one person who is willing to help you out. If not call the local women's shelters and ask them what help is available and how you go about getting help. Then wash your hands of these people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Are woman's shelters safe? And they won't take my daughter will they? Do they provide transportation to and from work?

Quoting 1likeme:

Call family and friends. There has to be at least one person who is willing to help you out. If not call the local women's shelters and ask them what help is available and how you go about getting help. Then wash your hands of these people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I'm so sorry. Big hugs! I've never understood JV's turning their backs on people in need, especially family. I agree with the woman's shelter. You can also see if your city has programs that will help you.
1likeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

They won't take your daughter and they are pretty safe. The rest will depend on the shelter. I think calling first will answer those questions but they are not the ideal place to stay. What they are awesome for is getting accurate information. You may qualify for enough assistance to get on your feet without family help. You simply need to do something. As far as your mother kicking you out simply refuse to leave until you can. You are a tennant even if you do not pay rent and she can not just kick you out onto the street. She would have to evict you. So if your choice is woman's shelter or staying in the home for a few more weeks it might be better to stay. You do need to get yourself into counseling immediately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I am so sorry, I come from a very conservative home but my parents never treated me that way. First try to see if you can call off tomorrow to at least give you an opportunity to figure it out. What state are you in?
Missmyangel1
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I am so sorry that you are going through such a rought time with no help :( Where are you from? Do you have any friends that might be able to help you??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)