Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They aren't going to tell her they are leaving....WTF?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

We are PCSing to a different base and this is the first time I will have been away from my family because of the military. My brother and his wife have one DD and she is almost 4 and she is very close to my kids because she is their only cousin. We leave next weekend and tonight my family all got together for a meal out and as my brother and SIL were leaving my mom asked SIL when they were going to tell my niece that her cousins were moving away, and my SIL said she hadn't planned on telling her. My mom thought she was joking but no, my brother and SIL said they will not tell my niece about it because they were hoping she would forget about my children. I was just kinda shocked, shes almost 4, not a baby and to me that is pretty sad that they would just hope that my niece would just forget about her cousins, I mean give me a break. I told my mom that maybe sometime this week we could come over and tell my niece that we are leaving and she probably won't get to see her cousins for a while but that we would visit as much as possible. I don't know I am just at a loss for words for what they said and how they could even think something like that. I should have asked my brother where they both left their common sense today because it was totally lacking. SMH

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:26 AM
6 moms liked this

You do not have to agree with what they are doing and I am sure it stings but you have no right telling her yourselves. You do not get to upset this child just so you can see her be sad that you are leaving and then leave mom and dad to pick up the pieces. I do not agree with her parents but I think what you are planning to do is far worse.

jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:32 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not your place to tell them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

agreed.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do not have to agree with what they are doing and I am sure it stings but you have no right telling her yourselves. You do not get to upset this child just so you can see her be sad that you are leaving and then leave mom and dad to pick up the pieces. I do not agree with her parents but I think what you are planning to do is far worse.

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Sounds pretty dumb and mean! It would break my heart if my sister wanted my nieces to forget about me and my kids!
PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:36 AM
It sucks, but you have no right to tell her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
It's sad but in their heads they are probably trying to protect her from being hurt. You have no right to undermine their decision with their own child. If you are so bothered then be straightforward with your brother.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:45 AM

While I agree it isn't your place to tell her you guys are leaving, them not telling her is going to cause some problems, more than likely. My sons best friend in school had a friend leave while they were in preschool. My sons friend was depressed, mom asked why and asked the teachers, they said she had PCSed. She could have set her daughter up to be more prepared that her friend wasn't going to come back to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Thats weird , she will totally remember . Thats soo mean kinda , she might think her cousins dont wana play with her or something . My boyfriend and I were roommates with my best friend and her daughter 4 years old lola . Lola always played with my boyfriend all the time , it was cute , well when we all were starting to make the move , lolas mom said my boyfriend wasn't gona bee around all the time , she understood and realized its what happends but not tell would have made her think it was her or something to do with her
averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Give me a fucking break are you for real right now? I'm sure she doesn't want to see the niece be sad that she's leaving you're an idiot. It seems family is a lil more important to her than it is to her bro and sil. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN