Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it to soon?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
You see, I'm a single mom and this is the first time I've found someone special. I've been dating this guy for about 7 months and I really like him. So my question is, is it to soon for him to meet my daughter? I mean these days you can not trust everyone. Especially a man. I'm scared and I need opinions. I'm also young(20) and I haven't dated a lot of guys. Help please:)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM
3 moms liked this

i probably would wait a little while longer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Dating and being in a committed relationship are two different things. I would want to be in a committed relationship first before asking this question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Quoting Diamondblue1:

i probably would wait a little while longer

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I've not been in your situation, but if I were, I would not let someone meet my child/children unless the relationship were very serious.  We'd have to be falling in love and planning to become engaged.  To further clarify, that would mean we were exclusively dating, declared how we felt about one another, discussed relationship deal breaking issues and our future was clearly defined.  We'd introduce each other to our friends and family and if all went well with those introductions, he'd meet my kid/kids and I'd meet his (if he had any).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:08 AM
We are committed to each other. Were not seeing other ppl. I'm just worried, my daughter is my whole life and you never know who's a crazy person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dating and being in a committed relationship are two different things. I would want to be in a committed relationship first before asking this question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:10 AM
How long have you guys officially been bf/GF?

Quoting Anonymous:

We are committed to each other. Were not seeing other ppl. I'm just worried, my daughter is my whole life and you never know who's a crazy person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM
This
Great examples.: )

Quoting ElleLuvsOrchids:

I've not been in your situation, but if I were, I would not let someone meet my child/children unless the relationship were very serious.  We'd have to be falling in love and planning to become engaged.  To further clarify, that would mean we were exclusively dating, declared how we felt about one another, discussed relationship deal breaking issues and our future was clearly defined.  We'd introduce each other to our friends and family and if all went well with those introductions, he'd meet my kid/kids and I'd meet his (if he had any).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Thank you:) and no he doesn't have any

Quoting ElleLuvsOrchids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Six out of the seven months :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you guys officially been bf/GF?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Thanks everyone for reply without being mean and without judgment. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN