Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help plz :( update 3

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd is 6 month old (as of march 1). She was 5lb9oz at birth, and now weighs 11lb4oz. She is exclusively breastfed.

Well, my poor little girl has the stomach flu. :( she go it from a family member. She is such a trooper, but she has thrown up 2 times already in 24 hours. She doesn't cry or whine, just vomit of water/BM. She has a slight fever (100.2).

At what do I panic and take her to pediatric UC? I don't want my baby to get worse, & weight loss is NOT an option.

Any advice?

Update:

So, I called our RN hotline. Basically the only symptom of dehydration would be the lack of wet diapers. I'm just supposed to watch her. If by 7am she doesn't have a wet diaper I'm supposed to take her in. She is actively playing with a toy right now. She is smiling and all she wants is sleep, snuggles, and boob. She is actively eating as well, no change there. I'm hoping she give me a really wet diaper soon. That would be perfect lol. I will update later. Thanks ladies.

Update 2:

Nice big poopy diaper just a min ago. Yay! Going to continue watching her & nursing. I'll update again later.

Update 3:
It's 10:49 and my lil girl is still sound asleep. :) she nursed several times over night. And no more throwing up so far which makes me very, very happy! I've gotten 1 poopy diaper (which counts for 2 wets) so far, and I haven't had the heart to wake her to check again. Again, thank u ladies for ur help. I'm struggling with PTSD and everything lately has sorta been a panic attack. Seeing my baby girl sick... I didn't know what to do! U guys are awesome.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElleLuvsOrchids
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Take her to the doctor.  They now give babies Tamiflu.  The flu and fever are considered serious for infants.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:31 AM

go see the doctor 

doubledoos
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Take her as soon as possible, also keep her hydrated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Uh now she's 6 mos and coukd get dehydrated
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Nurse her as much as possible. Check for sunken eyes and make sure she has wet diapers. I would take her to the pediatrician to make sure she's not dehydrated to be on the safe side.
MiddleAgeMess
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:57 AM
If you take her to an emergency room only go to a Children's hospital. If one isn't nearby wait on your doctor. 100 isn't too high, alternate Tylenol & Motrin every 4hours to bring her fever down & relieve pain. One of the biggest concerns is dehydration. Keep an eye in her urine output...make sure she's peeing as much as normal. DONT give her a old bath.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
She wants to nurse even right after vomiting. But, no wet diapers since 7pm last night. Fever is still the same. No rise in it.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

If you take her to an emergency room only go to a Children's hospital. If one isn't nearby wait on your doctor. 100 isn't too high, alternate Tylenol & Motrin every 4hours to bring her fever down & relieve pain. One of the biggest concerns is dehydration. Keep an eye in her urine output...make sure she's peeing as much as normal. DONT give her a old bath.

unusualmom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM

If you are in doubt go see a dr.  

MiddleAgeMess
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Call her pediatrician right now.

You will probably have to leave a message, but they will get back to you.

Is she on finger foods yet, or drink water? You could try pedilyte or Gatorade to help her electrolytes & keep her from dehydrating.

Quoting Anonymous:

She wants to nurse even right after vomiting. But, no wet diapers since 7pm last night. Fever is still the same. No rise in it.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
No. SHe is EBF. She hasn't had anything else. I will call them right now and ask what they want me to do. Thank u.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Call her pediatrician right now.

You will probably have to leave a message, but they will get back to you.

Is she on finger foods yet, or drink water? You could try pedilyte or Gatorade to help her electrolytes & keep her from dehydrating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)