Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why won't he pick me?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 144 Replies

update 3/4/13 - i called a lawyer today and have a mtg this evening to discuss the next steps. he advised me not to tell the bio dad anything out of safety and also so he can't hide any trial especially the $100K that set up in dd's name. it was transferred to me but he set it up so the lawyer is sure there's a paper trial. he also suggested getting a restarining order in case the bio dad doesn't take it well. 

thanks again for all your help. i know it's easy to judge when you're not in my shoe but we all make mistakes, i'm not saying mine are ok, but sometimes it's diffcult to see the big picture when you are in the thick of the forest.

update 3/3/13 - sorry should have posted it up here so you dont have to scroll through 10+ pages

i have not told anyone or have been able to talk to anyone about this. i came here for advice, not pity or acceptance. sometimes when you are in a situation it's hard to see a way out. so i really appreciate all your advice and comments. i fell like a huge burden has been lifted of my chest. I  have made me realize that I need to move on for myself and my children. btw, we had a child together because i shut him out around 5 years. it was his way to prove that he loved me and he would leave his wife. i realize all that was a lie, all the things he has said over the last 7 years are lies. it's a huge wake up call. 

i'm going to follow the advice and establish paternity and child support but i'll go through a lawyer. as much as i would love to show up as his doorstep and drop the bomb, that would come across as sad and clingy. that's now what i want to be anymore...

thank you again. 

original post

i have been involved in a 7 yr relationship with a married man. He told me from day one that he would leave his wife. they have 2 teenage boys so he's excuse now is that he wants to wait unitl they go to college, so another 4 years. so again i have put my life on hold for him.  i try to break it off with him over the years and we always got back together. i'm so tired of his BS but i dont know i just can't walk away as we have a 11 month old that he's the bio dad of. i also have a 10 yr old from previous marriage. no none knows who the father is, i just told people that i went to a sperm bank. my family and friends have accepted that and respect my decision. i work my ass off to support all of us and he contributes too.

but lately i have been so angry and stressed out that i just want to show up at his house with the baby and watch his jaw drop. i love him dearly but i'm so tired of being #2. and no i never thought in a million years i would be the other woman. i was in a bad place after my nasty divorce, and he came along and here we are 7 years later. i just wish i could stop. :/ 

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
11 moms liked this
Well your first problem is u got with a married man. Don't care what bs lines he fed u. He is Married. U are and probably always will be his mistress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM
2 moms liked this
-show up at his door.
runofthemill99
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM

i thought about that a lot but i'm worried i'll lose him forever. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

-show up at his door.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh boy, this is not going to end well.

saraface5383
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Well this is a cluster fuck, honestly? I would stop lying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Eek.

Show up at his place and raise hell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this

He is stringing you along.   He will never leave her and if something happens to him, you child is screwed out of an inheritance.  Why wouldn't you do what is right for your child?  Get CS and leave him.

NNB
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:07 AM
5 moms liked this
Tbh. You don't have him, and most likely never will

Quoting runofthemill99:

i thought about that a lot but i'm worried i'll lose him forever. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

-show up at his door.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
runofthemill99
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:08 AM

i cant i will lose him. he told me that if i ever did he would lose everything...his wife would leave with the kids. it would destroy him...i can't do that to him. 

Quoting CrickettyBoo:

Eek.

Show up at his place and raise hell.

runofthemill99
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:10 AM

he did set up a college fund for her, 100K, but i never thought about the child support or inheritance part. im ok to take care of both of my kids, it would mean some creative financing...

Quoting Anonymous:

He is stringing you along.   He will never leave her and if something happens to him, you child is screwed out of an inheritance.  Why wouldn't you do what is right for your child?  Get CS and leave him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN