Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Twilight" is Ruining my Sister's Marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister is in her early 30s with a wonderful husband and two kids (4 and 1).  Her husband and my DH are best friends yet they live quite far from us.  For the past 2 years her husband has been communicating with us that he is really worried about her.  She is very non-communicative, she doesn't interact well with the kids, she won't leave the house and he feels she is lying to him about what she does during the day - she is a SAHM.

When then"Twilight" books first came out, my sis thought they were awesome.  She would post excerpts, biographies about the characters, and when the movies came out, clips and pictures all on her FB page.  I kind of shrugged them off.  Thought it was weird and a little obsessive, but nothing to be concerned about, sort of like a teen crush.  Sis eventually changed her FB, and deleted all her friends other than friends she had on a "Twilight" chat group.  She said that she did it because she only used FB to communicate with her "Twilight" friends.

I went out to visit her last month and was shocked.  She spends all day, every day, communicating with other women on this chat group.  They discuss, ad nausium, specific details about the movies and books.  She completely ignores her kids while she is chatting and when her DH calls or comes home, she lies about what she has been doing.  She doesn't see it as a problem but rather a normal release of stress.  But she fantasizes about the characters to the point that sometimes I am not sure if she realizes they are not real.  

Sorry so long, but I think she needs help but don't know how to convince her or her husband that something is seriously wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (101-110):
LoveyCakes
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like some members and their obsession with cafemom lol

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Wow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Sounds like its time for an intervention. Twilight books are good, the movies are good, but no reason to obsesse. SHe needs help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Your SISTER and her ADDICTION are ruining her marriage. Not Twilight. That's like when people say World of Warcraft ruined their marriage. No. Addiction ruined your marriage. A PERSON ruined your marriage.
Pnukey
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

No, your sister is ruining her own marriage. It's not Twilight's fault.

harehelper
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait--What do you mean the Twilight characters aren't real????

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

The use of FB has increasingly been cited as the casue for divorce more than any other reason including adultry.

but- See if she can get to the Dr for a full physical. She may be suffering from post-partum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
She definitely needs some help.
celticgodess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I feel sorry for her kids.  Smething needs to be done for thet sake.  Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I don't think Twilight is ruining your sisters marriage.  Your sister is ruining her marriage. 

That's like blaming McDonalds for obesity in this country. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)