Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Twilight" is Ruining my Sister's Marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister is in her early 30s with a wonderful husband and two kids (4 and 1).  Her husband and my DH are best friends yet they live quite far from us.  For the past 2 years her husband has been communicating with us that he is really worried about her.  She is very non-communicative, she doesn't interact well with the kids, she won't leave the house and he feels she is lying to him about what she does during the day - she is a SAHM.

When then"Twilight" books first came out, my sis thought they were awesome.  She would post excerpts, biographies about the characters, and when the movies came out, clips and pictures all on her FB page.  I kind of shrugged them off.  Thought it was weird and a little obsessive, but nothing to be concerned about, sort of like a teen crush.  Sis eventually changed her FB, and deleted all her friends other than friends she had on a "Twilight" chat group.  She said that she did it because she only used FB to communicate with her "Twilight" friends.

I went out to visit her last month and was shocked.  She spends all day, every day, communicating with other women on this chat group.  They discuss, ad nausium, specific details about the movies and books.  She completely ignores her kids while she is chatting and when her DH calls or comes home, she lies about what she has been doing.  She doesn't see it as a problem but rather a normal release of stress.  But she fantasizes about the characters to the point that sometimes I am not sure if she realizes they are not real.  

Sorry so long, but I think she needs help but don't know how to convince her or her husband that something is seriously wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

sounds like some members and their obsession with cafemom lol

ivy801
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I knew Twilight was evil. I hope you find a way to help your sister. Maybe a family intervention?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Your sister is ruining the marriage not the story.

shell3m
by Shell on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

that is the dumbest set of books and movies to go crazy over.  and I feel sorry for her kids and hubby.  If she wants to live in fantasy then he should take the kids and let her.  She has no respect for her home life anymore.  **smh**

CafeMom Tickers
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I had just separated from my husband when the first one came out. I went and saw it and wasn't expecting to like it...when I got back to my mom's house (we were down at their house from Thanksgiving) she asked if I was ok because I had a strange blank stare on my face. My exact words were "I'm moving to Forks, and I'm finding a vampire..." It was too funny. 

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Her hubby needs to stop paying the internet bill.  And your sister needs help.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I used to be infactuated with Twilight also, the books are soo much better, but after 5 years of watching Kristen "No Talent" Stewart take Bella's character to a whole new level of blahhhhh, I grew out of it.. I will buy the last video but I was one of those women who had to run out at Midnite, not the last 3 movies. I love Breaking Dawn but it was not the same on screen.. Hopefully she will snap out of it once she realizes it's over and now the hype is gone. I am now loving The Hunger Games series but I am not infactuated this time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Sounds like the typical CafeMom regulars who blabber day and night on this board.

Guess what?  If people recognize your name in a big group like Confessions, you need to shut your computer off.   

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Ya, she's cuckoo.   A nutter.   Poor man will have to try to get her into some sort of mental health counseling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Sounds like time for an intervention!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN