Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you live on $40.00an hour?

Posted by   + Show Post
I see all these posts asking how much can you live on? So ok how much would be considered enough for the lot of you to live comfortably?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We live off of $22 an hour comfortably. No, we can't buy everything in life that we see, but we have a cute house that we love, two cars and our kids are well taken care of.

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

That's a real nice amount to live on and yes, I'd be very happy to have that income

areles
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

With some cuts, yes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

The more you make the more they take .

You go into a higher tax bracket. So it's not always as great a thing. My DH makes approximately $2000 a week, but the amount of taxes taken sometimes makes us wonder if he should not bust his butt working so much if so much will be taken in taxes anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Small town out in Kansas.   We paid $325 a month for the 3 bedroom house we lived in before this, before that we paid $650 for a four bedroom house in town, we're out in the country now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you live that rent is that low? A cheap 3 br house here would be 900. A nd that's considered low cost of living ...

Quoting Anonymous:

That's about 50K more than we're making now and about 20K more than when when I return to work.  We live just fine on 14.35 an hour.  Cost of living is really low. Rent on a 3 bedroom is 350 a month. Electric is 120 a month,  and water is about 70. we have no other bills. 

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

yeah but if only one person was making that and the other parent stayed home so no daycare cost. that would be a lot, i guess it depends on how many kids too, i only have one right now

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, that's middle class. Personally, that would be comfortable but not over the top for us.

Quoting lovelife350:

you would be making about 83,200 a year because if you worked 40 hours times 40 dollars times 52 weeks in a year. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol no you wouldn't. $40/hour is middle class wages.

Quoting Anonymous:

this cant be a serious question. we would be rich if we made $40 an hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We are a family of 4 living on $10.71, its tough sometimes but we make it and we are fixing to buy a home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM
It depends on how many hours you work. I made 40-50 an hour but only worked 12-20 hours a week so it wag only supplemental.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Yes. It's a little more than we make now so we'd be happy with that.

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

40 dollars an hour? Hell yes! My dh is on salary and it figures to about 28 dollars an hour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)