Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Can't He Just PAY it **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

My son is wonderful and his dad has choosen since birth to not have anything to do wiith him *I have tried* He is only required to pay 182 dollars a month I have never taken him back to get it raised even though I could have, but he still doesn't pay it has been 5 months now and nothing. The problem is my son wears orthotics and insurance will only pay for 2 pairs in a rolling callander year, but he grows much faster than that so I end up paying for 2 a year myself. He needs a new pair now and I just can not afford it.

So, I finally sent him an email with the hopes of getting some of that money and I got an email back from his new wife telling me it is illegal to contact him about money. Is this true?

She just c ontacted me again telling me I have to move back to kansas because I didn't ask him permission to leave. He left and moved to texas so what is the big deal with me moving to Iowa? He has never seen his child why would she say that?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Petyonsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I don't think so.but I could be wrong
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Petyonsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Oh and I think its time to take his ass back to court
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
6 moms liked this

No, it's not illegal and it may be time to take him back for 50% of medical costs. I

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't know if its illegal. But if write back and tell her its a friendly reminder that his CS is not paid and if she wants to be a bitch you can take him to court for contempt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Just go through the court system to get your money.  It's their responsiblity to get you the money, not yours.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Never heard of that.
Take him back to.court for the increase and to garnish wages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
If she has a problem with you contacting him about money, he legally owes, won't she just love when the law "speaks" to him about his failure to abide by his legal responsibility.
cara124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

if you have the CS order through your district court then yes you are not suppose to contact him about  money ... BUT you can talk to them about why THEY aren't taking money from him to cover the Support... Second if you don't have an order to just have it taken from his paychecks each month ... then you need to go to the Child Support Services in your area and talk to them about getting it done that way .... good luck .

mama_carmel
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

she is full of shit. it is definitely not illegal. You should email her back saying "IT'S ILLEGAL FOR HIM NOT TO PAY HIS CHILD SUPPORT"

bear.katten
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I doubt that is illegal. My sons father has had nothing to do with him either even though I've tried, he doesnt even know his name. The reason? He got a new girlfriend when I was 5 months pregnant and she told him she didnt want me ir the baby in his life. We just started the process fir cs but I highly doubt I will ever see a penny of it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)