Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you dress up for work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've had a job for the last two years that was pretty much jeans ans t shirt office job. If I wanted to dress up, I could, if I wanted to come in jeans and hoodie that was ok too. I usually wore nice jeans and a nice shirt. But some days it was nice to be able to put my hair in a pony tail and throw on a hoodie and go. I just accepted a new job that I start in a few weeks. It's a small office with just four of us. The boss was wearing a suit and tie, the one woman was wearing a suit and the other slacks and a nice shirt. Crap. I gotta go shopping now lol. I own two pairs of slacks. I think I'm ok on the tops. It's going to be so weird having to dress up every day!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Nope. I work in food manufacturing and I have to wear the worst uniform ever. So no way jm dressing just to change as soon as I get there. Nobody sees me anyways. I get there at the last minute. It's pointless.
liveforever
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I have to wear business casual. I usually wear khakis or black pants with nice tops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Pretty much everyone dresses up daily at the place I work out. I have tops that are company provided and then we wear slacks.

rennez
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My office is business casual....no jeans. I wear lots of skirts and dresses though. Not fancy ones...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Business casual- I live in black pants and cardigan sweaters
supermom.sv
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I wear jeans every day and business casuals when I have client meetings :) I think it depends on what industry LOL. DH works for financial firm and he needs dress up every day although he doesn't meet clients everyday.

Don't shop too much. They all dressed up may be to interview you.

crabbyD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Not really... I work at a private school and dress pretty casual. I wear jeans almost all week with a cardigan or a nice top and cute flats mostly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Jeans and a nice shirt is okay where I work.
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Nope... I work on the medical floor of the county jail., so I'm in scrubs and Fridays we can wear jeans
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Yes I have to dress business casual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN