Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something you swore you'd never do/say before having kids...

I swore I would never co-sleep because I read how dangerous it is, but with breastfeeding it is so much easier to get sleep. I do put her in her bassinet for a good amount of time and I prefer to have her there, but if I'm exhausted co-sleeping is just what ends up happening, unplanned! Lol.

What is something you swore you would never do/say before becoming a parent?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (11-14):
LilliansMama27
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

My husbands cousin homeschools her kids and before she told me what it was like I was totally against it. I'm still not sure I will do it, but I'm more open to the thought of homeschooling my daughter :) Plus, I have plenty of time before I have to decide 

Quoting jen2150:

Homeschooling.  It is completely different than I thought it would be like.  It is completely different than what most people think it is like.

I tried co-sleeping but it was not for me.  I am a very deep sleeper.  

LilliansMama27
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Oh no! I hated that too! Lol. I can already hear myself saying things my mom says *sigh* the cycle continues...:)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I repeated my mothers favorite answer to Why ? Because I said so !! I hate that. I grew up hearing it. Said I would never do it and I did.

LilliansMama27
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Lmao!!!!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I swore when my kids wanted to play a game, I'd play it. My parents always hated board games so I always swore when *I* had kids, we'd play all the time. Yeah...Clue can only be played so many times before you want to stab yourself in the eye with the lead pipe!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I never thought I'd give my daughter the same "Mother's curse" that my mother gave me...

i hope you have a daughter just like you someday.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN