Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something you swore you'd never do/say before having kids...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

I swore I would never co-sleep because I read how dangerous it is, but with breastfeeding it is so much easier to get sleep. I do put her in her bassinet for a good amount of time and I prefer to have her there, but if I'm exhausted co-sleeping is just what ends up happening, unplanned! Lol.

What is something you swore you would never do/say before becoming a parent?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Homeschooling.  It is completely different than I thought it would be like.  It is completely different than what most people think it is like.

I tried co-sleeping but it was not for me.  I am a very deep sleeper.  

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I repeated my mothers favorite answer to Why ? Because I said so !! I hate that. I grew up hearing it. Said I would never do it and I did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I swore I'd never let my son walk around the house with food. It used to drive me crazy when my sisters did it with their kids. My 15 month old just walked past me with a cracker in each hand...
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Breastfeeding uncovered in public. Its still something I personally wouldn't do but I'm more open to the thought now and don't make fun of women doing this.

Photo: -Randi.

TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I always thought I would never get stressed out by my kids or have trouble relating to them, because I feel like a kid at heart myself. Lol. Oh blissful ignorance.
NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I swore when my kids wanted to play a game, I'd play it. My parents always hated board games so I always swore when *I* had kids, we'd play all the time. Yeah...Clue can only be played so many times before you want to stab yourself in the eye with the lead pipe!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
It isnt something I swore I wouldnt say, but I never thought I would have to say, "get your finger out of your butt" to my toddler on a regular basis lol
ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I swore I'd never have kids now I have 2 :)
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Have kids..
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I swore I wouldn't buy character clothes/bedding, etc. DD is into Disney princesses and Mario and I've been eating my words. Lol. I can't help it! I love seeing her light up. Oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)