Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I work in child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 187 Replies
Ask me anything..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I know many people that work there. Overpaid and do nothing...lil
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Lol are you jealous?

Quoting Anonymous:

xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

How much do you make a year? What education did you have to have? Do you like it?

angevil53
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Oh gerd...do you hear the craziest stories?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I didn't know that  'child support' was a desginated job title.

I think you're full of shit.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Why would they allow a case to get into arrears of $38,000?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I recently filed for support. Will I get less money because there's a chance my ex doesn't make more than me? He has two fines that are garnished from his wages also. Would that effect anything since he probably brings home less because of the fines?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree! My ex owes almost $30,000 in back child support. I get $2 here and there. I called child support enforcement to see what they could do to help me and I am told they can't do a thing! What is the point of an enforcement agaency if they can't do anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't have to have any education. It's about who you know. There are a lot of family members & friends that get their fsmily members and friends jobs there too.lol. Those of you that are the clients....I feel bad for you.
Amac29
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
6 moms liked this
To give context would be alarmingly difficult to do but I hate how unnecessarily diificult this country makes the collection of support difficult and in the favor of the deadbeat or in the protection of the deadbeat's rights and not the child's. I do not understand why child support is not governed at the federal level with a uniform process that allows for more efficiency and results than using state agencies and a bevy of conflicting, unharmonious outlets with little success...the success rate of the current efforts available to the guardians of the children of deadbeats is abysmal and the resources used likely far more costly and cost efficient for what is recovered. I know unpaid child support is in te billions and I know our jails are filled with petty pot crimes which is a misnomer of paradoxical proportions but the damage a deadbeat parent perpetuates should be considered and handled in a way that recognizes the extreme criminal nature that it is--compromising the well being of a child demands the attention of our courts, our society and our federal government. This is the infection our legal system needs to attack and cure. Itd likely relieve the other crimes it now gives stupid bullshit attention to. Blah blah...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)