Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Grandparents Favor Certain Grandkids over Others

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

My mom did this, and i can't tell you the amount of animosity that occurred between my sibs because of it.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I laugh, mine are the favorites and it pisses my brothers off to no ends.

Sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes. My dad and stepmom treat my kids like crap. My sisters kids are treated like royalty. Needless to say, I no longer allow any contact with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I think its awful when they do. I just became a grandmother. I promise you I will try my very best to love them equally.

edelweiss23
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are the whole family's favorite kids.

They are also the only grand kids.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My Mom favors my sister's son. I try not to let it bother me but sometimes it does. I don't talk to her about it though because she would never admitt it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My mom doesn't even acknowledge they exist, so one more reason why we no longer speak.
agrisham13mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
4 moms liked this
That is awful! Your brothers kids are your nieces and/or nephews. For you to laugh because your kids are the "favorites" is childish and wrong. You should be encouraging a better stance. I hope your karma cake taste sweet in your mouth when it arrives!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I laugh, mine are the favorites and it pisses my brothers off to no ends.

Sorry
romalove
by SakePrincess on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I was the favorite grandchild of my grandfather.  I don't know if the other kids noticed, but it was acknowledged by my mother that that was the case.  He would give everyone stuff and then when he had me alone would slip me another $10, call me, etc.  My father was horrible to me and I think he was trying to make up for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom *seems* to prefer my kids. It's because my sister is a spiteful bitch & never lets our mom see her kids, so my kids are the only grandkids mom sees & she spoils them. I feel bad for my sisters kids, all this time they're losing with Grandma :( I call my mom every time I have my nieces for the weekend.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My son gets a lot of E-attention from my parents. but my siblings children live close and see her a couple times a week. it evens out I think.

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)