Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Carbon monoxide

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 3 Replies
At 1:30 this morning our carbon monoxide alarm went off, it only beeped 2 times and then stopped. The batteries are only 3 months old and it was tested recently. Everyone in the house was feeling fine, no headaches, no one was light headed, sick, ect.
I didn't call the fire dept because it shut off and there were no indications that anyone was sick. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone? I will get new batteries just in case and I am going to buy a 2nd detector just as a back up. Could this also be a defect on the detector?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
little.knickers
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
My understanding is that you don't feel sick. Carbon monoxide is a silent, invisible killer. I would not be taking any risks if it was my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfTwins...
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I always had the understanding that you would have a headache or be light headed, ect. If it happens again I will call the fire dept. I was hesitant because it beeped 2 times and that was it. If it was constant I would have called right away. I didn't really know what to do because of how quickly it turned off. Does that make sense?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I would get the house checked honestly.  Carbon monoxide is a slient killer and you often don't feel anything if you are sleeping because you are overwhelmed too quickly.  However, if you are awake or it's a slow leak, you often feel dizzy and have flu-like symptoms.  I'd get a second detector and have someone check the house.  You can never be too safe with in situations like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)