Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church is "forcing" me to an abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My fiance and I are getting married in August at his parents church. His family is paying for 50% of the wedding and my family is paying for 50%. We've been planning for over a year and lots of money and deposits are already paid.

Now we found out (on Friday) that I am pregnant. We were not trying, but were obviously too casual about preventing. The church has a policy that you cannot get married there if you are pregnant or have a kid.

We are both young (22 and 23) and don't really feel ready for a child, but we also sort-of want to keep the baby, but his family would pull all their support and the church would not let us get married there, so we have an appointment next week for an abortion (my 2nd...I had one from a high school relationship).

It just seems strange to me that as we listed the pro's and cons of the situation we were evenly split on keeping it or abortion and the fact that the church won't let us get married was the tipping point.

We can't get married if we have a kid or are pregnant but if we have an abortion then we can get married.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
17 moms liked this
2 abortions and getting married in a church. Oh the irony how it kills. Pun intended.
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

This.quick fast and in a hurry.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Are you seriously ending your child's life that you want, over a church? I'd find another church!

HappyMommyXavi
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Wow. All I can say

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
O_o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM
You can still have a cheap wedding somewhere else. Aborting over this is fucking horrible!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I would be getting married at the local court. A church is just the building. A true religious community wants the best for their members. I would look elsewhere for a more welcoming church. I'm pro-choice, but for better reasons than "oh, the church won't marry us" or "my family won't pay for the wedding."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hey mistakes happen, so she should kill her baby for their requirements? NOOO!

Quoting Anonymous:

The church IS NOT FORCING you or anyone to have an abortion!!!!! YOU knew the requirements BEFORE you  put down money!!!

HelloSweetie
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
9 moms liked this

I am super SUPER pro-choice and this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this
You are having an abortion, because you cannot get married at the location you want?! *to tune of jingle bells* Troll. Troll. Troll. Troll. Troll. Troll. TROLL. Troll. Troll....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

it isn't our church...its his parents church...and we were really 50/50 about keeping the baby anyway...we are comfortable with the choice to abort I just found it ironic that it was the church that pushed us that way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN