Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church is "forcing" me to an abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My fiance and I are getting married in August at his parents church. His family is paying for 50% of the wedding and my family is paying for 50%. We've been planning for over a year and lots of money and deposits are already paid.

Now we found out (on Friday) that I am pregnant. We were not trying, but were obviously too casual about preventing. The church has a policy that you cannot get married there if you are pregnant or have a kid.

We are both young (22 and 23) and don't really feel ready for a child, but we also sort-of want to keep the baby, but his family would pull all their support and the church would not let us get married there, so we have an appointment next week for an abortion (my 2nd...I had one from a high school relationship).

It just seems strange to me that as we listed the pro's and cons of the situation we were evenly split on keeping it or abortion and the fact that the church won't let us get married was the tipping point.

We can't get married if we have a kid or are pregnant but if we have an abortion then we can get married.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
How disturbing! Over a wedding snd church! !
I couldn't live with myself. How sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Serious question- what kind of church is this?

gblossom

Yeeea, okaaaay

was2now3
Wow......
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I am all for choice and keeping abortions safe and legal because I firmly believe that women have the fundamental right to control their bodies and fertility.  But this just seemed wacked.  If it is your choice op, then I fully support your choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
If you are choosing a freaking church over your unborn baby, then you do not deserve to have this baby or any other baby! It seems like you BOTH need to grow up!
GELiz
5 moms liked this

So theya re not forcing you to abort- take responsibility for your own decisions and do not accuse others of "forcing you."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. I've heard of people "paying a lot" for their weddings, but paying with the life of their child has to be the highest price I've ever heard paid. All for a wedding in some judgmental non forgiving church?
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

this sounds like a bunch of horse shit.

Any church worth its weight in salt is not going to prevent someone from attending church or getting married just because of pregnancy. Find somewhere else to get married and leave this pseudo-church in the dust.

Toxic.Stardust
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

oh, and I got married in a church, and my 3 month old was the flower girl. Find a different church if it means that much to you, which it obviously does. 

If you knew the church's policy you should have been a bit more careful huh?

I'm all for women having a choice, but this seems like a pretty piss poor reason

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN