Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church is "forcing" me to an abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My fiance and I are getting married in August at his parents church. His family is paying for 50% of the wedding and my family is paying for 50%. We've been planning for over a year and lots of money and deposits are already paid.

Now we found out (on Friday) that I am pregnant. We were not trying, but were obviously too casual about preventing. The church has a policy that you cannot get married there if you are pregnant or have a kid.

We are both young (22 and 23) and don't really feel ready for a child, but we also sort-of want to keep the baby, but his family would pull all their support and the church would not let us get married there, so we have an appointment next week for an abortion (my 2nd...I had one from a high school relationship).

It just seems strange to me that as we listed the pro's and cons of the situation we were evenly split on keeping it or abortion and the fact that the church won't let us get married was the tipping point.

We can't get married if we have a kid or are pregnant but if we have an abortion then we can get married.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (731-740):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Quoting DisabledVet:

Exactly why are you forcing YOUR religious beliefs o this couple?

God wants people to tend their own gardens not stick their nose over the fence.

And your statements are shameful to God. How dare YOU decide that you know what God's will is. I feel sorry for people like you who believe that God would allow such hatefulness. Jesus was a forgiving person. You apparently don't know your scriptures otherwise you'd never say such hateful things. I feel very sorry for yiou because you may be in for a rude surprise when you meet God.

Quoting Adensmommy760:

Abortion in this scenerio and the one before it will take you straight to hell. You don't deserve a church wedding nor should you get one. You're a joke. Hope you get an infection. Scum.

While I agree with you that Adens is being hateful and in the wrong, God did not tell us to ''tend our own gardens and not stick our noses over the fence''. We are to call sin out into the light, but with love and compassion, as Jesus did.  You can know the will of God by reading his Word.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Abortion is not a form of birth control, and you seem to be using it as one. That's sick, if you weren't trying for a baby, you should have made sure that it didn't happen

Acid
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I'm all for a woman's choice...but I think it's a little materialistic to say 'I want a nice wedding so I'm killing my kid'...for the second time.

Abortion is not birth control.  Keep your legs shut or use prevention.

STVUstudent
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

WTF?  I would run from this family...

nilmat
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:20 AM

eish!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM

wow you're totally  brainwashed

muisjes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Wow, it's just a wedding. Find another church...

By the way, abortion is not to be taken lightly. Even though I am totally pro choice, I hope you are aware of the risks, as in: death, infertility...

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Wow really? No money in the world could have made me KILL my kids. Screw the church and find another. Also when is the wedding? Why not just hide the pregnacy? The crazy basterds gonna make you take a test that morning? I would hope not. As far as your family not supporting you. You wouldn't be the first or last to piss off family over a pregnacy. I'm sure they will get over it.

It kills me that a church rather kill a baby then marry the parents. Sounds like a horrible faith and church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
The church isn't telling you to abort. That's your choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
You do realize that there are other, maybe not so judgmental churches out there or even j.o.p....just saying...

You don't really want to start your life with your husband like this...you'll only end up resenting each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)