Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

house training a puppy..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I need tips,tricks ANYTHING! No matter what I do she still pees and poops on the floor! I can take her out see her shit,bring her in and she will do it again,I can leave her out for an hour and as soon as she comes in it happens again!HELP!

Also getting her to stop whining! At night all she does is whine!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kc0001
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM

What breed?

nicmain
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM
How old is she? Are her stools normal or diarrhea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Stay consistent.  Praise her for going potty outside.  Take her out after naps, 30mins after eating, before bed, as soon as you get up in the morning.

She's whining because she's bored and lonely.  You might put her in a crate with a couple toys or a bone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Rottweiler

Quoting Kc0001:

What breed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
She's 8 weeks,I know it will take time it just seems like its not improving at all! And its normal.

Quoting nicmain:

Kc0001
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

How old is she, is she vet checked, healthy, where'd you get her, how long have you had her?

mathewss2490
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I'm with you!!!! In the same damn boat lol My Puppy Charlie(pure bred lab) is about 12 weeks old and does the same thing. When he goes in the house I sternly say NO and immediately take him outside, when he goes outside he gets lots of praise and a treat. The crate training sucks, literally cries,barks,howls, and whines...for hours. :( I live in an apartment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I had her outside,brought her in and not even 2 minutes after eating she pooped on the floor!

Quoting ElitestJen:

Stay consistent.  Praise her for going potty outside.  Take her out after naps, 30mins after eating, before bed, as soon as you get up in the morning.

She's whining because she's bored and lonely.  You might put her in a crate with a couple toys or a bone. 

ElitestJen
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

She's 8 weeks,I know it will take time it just seems like its not improving at all! And its normal.

Quoting nicmain:

She's young!  Puppies are like humans.  A child isn't going to walk before they're ready.  A dog isn't going to comprehend potty training any earlier just because you want them, too.  She should start picking it up in the next 4-6 weeks or so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM
She's 8 weeks,I've had her for 2.She is vet checked and healthy.

Quoting Kc0001:

How old is she, is she vet checked, healthy, where'd you get her, how long have you had her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)