Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you ever hear it?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 16 Replies
I hear it the most at night, or complete silence. Its a ring, tone or like those sounds you hear during a hearing test, high frequency sounds. I know it may sound crazy, but I've asked my husband a few times when laying in bed if he hears it when its happening and he says he hears the same ring noise. Anyone know about this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
No. I have never heard anything like that.
marihla
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I always do. I wonder if it's because our lives are just so noisy to begin with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Like annoying buzzing in your ear? I hear that sometimes.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM

only ringing i hear is in my ears. 

FL2AK
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I have tinnitus so I always hear noises.
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Well I was going to say maybe it is Tinnitus.....that was until you said your husband heard it too. Sorry. 

MeghMirab
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Yes! I hear it at benihanas, assuming its their ventilation system. Usually when they turn on their tables they cook on. I also heard it again when I worked in an office building. One of the printer/faxers got turned on and immediately I heard that piercing noise. Only me and one other person could hear it. After looking into it, turns out some people are just sensitive to these things. I couldn't stand it and it gave me headaches constantly, my boss never gave a shit. LOL YOU'RE NOT ALONE and I don't think its weird. I'd find out what frequency you're picking up and how to fix it if it was bothering me.
TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yeah I hear it at times.

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients, it takes the form of a high-pitched whining, electric buzzing, hissing, humming, tinging or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or locusts, tunes, songs, beeping, sizzling, sounds that slightly resemble human voices or even a pure steady tone like that heard during a hearing test, and in some cases, pressure changes from the interior ear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yes, it is called tinnitus.  A couple of my family members have had it.  I've noticed it myself from time to time.  It's annoying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)