Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That's not something I'd plaster all over fb:/

Posted by   + Show Post
So an acquaintance back from h.s posted about 10 pics of a positive pregnancy test. Family pics, like each member holding the stick and smiling...then the zoomed in pics, you know, to show the two lines.

Anyway, she's not the preggers one. Nope. It is her 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

Being a grandma at 32 is not something I'd be boasting about.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the girl alllll the best of luck there is and Im glad she's got the support of her family. She'll need it. But I just think it's a wee bit tacky to take those kinda pics.

I know, it's none of my business but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way (the pics).

What do y'all think?
Tacky or no?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (91-96):
SadeAyosmom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM

i wouldnt really be proud of my 15 yr old being pregnant.

disapointed and sad...

but i guess its a birth you know they should celebrate for the babys sake.

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Although I would not post it publicly myself, she sounds like a lucky girl to have so.much support surrounding her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I honestly think that they are showing a huge amount of support, I do not think teen pregnancy is a good thing but I think a baby should be a good thing regardless of age! Good luck to her! and I wish my mom was that supportive when I was pregnant at 15.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Tacky to post publicly, I've never been a fan of seeing pics of a peed on stick.  LOL  But not tacky to TAKE those pics and keep them.  Someday she'll be older and so will the child, and it will be nice for the child to know he was loved and wanted even if early and unplanned, kwim?  Too often young Moms still have to live in shame, and their children suffer for it as well.  Yes, we should encourage girls to respect themselves and their bodies and hold off on sex and motherhood, but we shouldn't shame them FOR LIFE if they have a child young.  And we shouldnt' shun and shame the child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Something YOU wouldn't do but she obviously feels different. First lesson on life: EVERYONE IS NOT YOU!
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Rather you're 15 or 35, a baby is something to celebrate, to be happy about. I don't want my daughter to be pregnant at 15, but if she does end up pregnant, I'm going to give her a baby shower and celebrate, cry and laugh with her, just the same as if she had her first baby at 25 or older. I'm going to post pics and let her post pics of course just the same as if she were a married adult. No, I don't want her to be pregnant before she's a married adult, but it happens. Can't change it, so why not be happy about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)