Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Similar to a locked post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Today I caught my 3yo Dd and my 6 yo DD alone in the bathroom. My older DD was sitting on the toilet (top down) and my little DD was on her lap with her arms wrapped around her neck.

I freaked out and asked what they were doing. They said they were playing boyfriend and girlfriend.

I'm a SAHM, so my girls are with me all the time, except when DD1 is in school.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
banana-bear
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Well they had to see the behavior somewhere!! What did you say? Did you explain that it was inappropriate?

sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

yikes, it's a tender thing to try to understand such a thing at a young age and it doesn't help that society is oversexed now a days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM
:( oh my. What was your response? Maybe the older picked it up from a friend at school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course I explained that this behavior is inappropriate! I explained that boyfriends and girlfriends are for when they are older and it's not a game for little girls to play. That if mommy and daddy hold hands or hug, it's because they're married.

Quoting banana-bear:

Well they had to see the behavior somewhere!! What did you say? Did you explain that it was inappropriate?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM
That's my concern I don't want to go too into detail because of their ages but I don't know what else to do. I can't go to my family with this, because they'll say I have to correct this behavior with beatings

Quoting sarahbsquare:

yikes, it's a tender thing to try to understand such a thing at a young age and it doesn't help that society is oversexed now a days

banana-bear
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Sounds good. I would also enforce a no-closed-door policy too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course I explained that this behavior is inappropriate! I explained that boyfriends and girlfriends are for when they are older and it's not a game for little girls to play. That if mommy and daddy hold hands or hug, it's because they're married. 
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:56 AM
They've spent quite some time with 1 of their cousins who is very boy crazy. She has put the last 2 twilight movies on for them (that show sex scenes, even though I've told her mom it's not appropriate for them to see those types of things) and I've heard this cousin ramble on about who she thinks is hot etc (FYI she's 12) so my girls could've been influenced by her.

And oldest DD goes to a good school but I know that we have a family shelter near us and those kids are on the same school bus with DD

Quoting Anonymous:

:( oh my. What was your response? Maybe the older picked it up from a friend at school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I'm just afraid. I don't want my daughters to be "those" girls, who are inappropriate or vulgar. Or grow up to be promiscuous from a young age.

Anytime I question DD1 about something serious, she gets nervous and starts crying so I can never get anything out of her
crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM

It's very normal for young kids, don't worry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)