Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paper Plates...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do people use them for everyday meals?

I have only used paper plates a handful of time. Mostly birthday parties and cook outs. But even my family uses plates for cookouts.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Replies (31-35):
Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM

We use them pretty often. But have regular glassware as well. 

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM

It must be nice to have enough room in your cupboards for a 16 person setting, lol. Sorry, but I'm not going to waste the much-needed space on more dishes than we need for the random occasion we might have guests over. And yes, I'm a little bitter about my small ass kitchen ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was taught to buy double you place setting. And we have a card table to bring out for when gues are over (for the children.) I have a 16 person place setting.

Quoting heresjohnny:

I kinda thought that was normal? Most people only have enough dishes for their family. For example, I have a setting for 8 in my cupboards. There are 7 people in my family. If guests come over, we're whipping out the paper plates, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

NOPE, we went to a friends house for dinner and I was slightly shocked to be served on doubled up paper plates LOL

Quoting heresjohnny:

Is this a spin off of the dinner-picture post? I already admitted in another thread that I used to use disposable dishes on a daily basis. I absolutely despise washing dishes. They're the bane of my existence! I stopped doing it once I realized how much money I could save by using the dishwasher, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM

If it makes you feel any better we only keep 8 in the kitched. The other 8 are actually in the basement on shelves haha :)

Quoting heresjohnny:

It must be nice to have enough room in your cupboards for a 16 person setting, lol. Sorry, but I'm not going to waste the much-needed space on more dishes than we need for the random occasion we might have guests over. And yes, I'm a little bitter about my small ass kitchen ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was taught to buy double you place setting. And we have a card table to bring out for when gues are over (for the children.) I have a 16 person place setting.

Quoting heresjohnny:

I kinda thought that was normal? Most people only have enough dishes for their family. For example, I have a setting for 8 in my cupboards. There are 7 people in my family. If guests come over, we're whipping out the paper plates, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

NOPE, we went to a friends house for dinner and I was slightly shocked to be served on doubled up paper plates LOL

Quoting heresjohnny:

Is this a spin off of the dinner-picture post? I already admitted in another thread that I used to use disposable dishes on a daily basis. I absolutely despise washing dishes. They're the bane of my existence! I stopped doing it once I realized how much money I could save by using the dishwasher, lol.

maryroses
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM

We use them every day, unless it's a holiday or we have company.

Opie99
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM

We do, we don't have a dishwasher and I got tired of doing stacks of dishes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)