Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling mom's get in here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
How do I let my child's school know that I am pulling him out as of today and will be homeschooling. I live in Missouri.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Bump
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Read this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I think most times you have to have approval from whatever department, in your state, that handles non-piblic education before you can pull your child out of public school and homeschool. I know I did. But here, it was relatively quick, like less than 24 hours to get approval.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think most times you have to have approval from whatever department, in your state, that handles non-piblic education before you can pull your child out of public school and homeschool. I know I did. But here, it was relatively quick, like less than 24 hours to get approval.

In most states there is no approval process, only a notification process.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

You are right, I used the wrong word. I had to send in my Notice of Intent and then they basically e mailed me back stating they received my notice and I was legally able to homeschool from that point. Sorry.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Anonymous:

In most states there is no approval process, only a notification process.

bekalynne440
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

You simply give them a letter of intent to homeschool.  You don't need to give them a notice.  You don't need their approval.  Don't let them tell you otherwise.  =)

JenW777
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Let him sleep in, and then take the day off to do a fun field trip! 

I can imagine that not being a nice surprise for a kid.  Or if he has friends, give him time to say goodbye to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)