Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so scared right now please help....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

my husband and i have been together for 4 years. i'm scared that things might turn into a physically abusive relationship if I don't get out soon.... If anyone out there has been in an emotionally abusive relationship please answer and I will PM you.  I don't want to put all the details out here in case he decides to go snooping on my laptop again. 

Thank you for understanding.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TCain0001
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Mine was not only emotional, but physical as well.  Feel free to pm me.

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:05 AM
2 moms liked this

If you feel like he is going to hurt you then take you and your kid(s) and get out, find a women's shelter.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Quoting Vipergirl22:

If you feel like he is going to hurt you then take you and your kid(s) and get out, find a women's shelter.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Quoting Vipergirl22:

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I dont think he will NOW, I'm just scared that maybe down the road things are going to shift and get worse. he is only abusive emotionally right now and thats bad enough but I just get scared every time we get into a fight that things might escalate.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Jaybabies10
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Get out NOW! Don't wait for it to happen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I want to. I need to get a job and find a place to go first though. The closest shelter to me is almost an hour away, and I don't have a car or licence. (just never bothered to get one, have always lived right in the middle of town so it wasn't needed).

Quoting Jaybabies10:

Get out NOW! Don't wait for it to happen

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont think he will NOW, I'm just scared that maybe down the road things are going to shift and get worse. he is only abusive emotionally right now and thats bad enough but I just get scared every time we get into a fight that things might escalate.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

If you are scared now or worried about it then you need to make things happen and get out. Don't wait for it and become a victim of physical abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I guess this is just really hard for me because every time i tell him I am leaving or I want to leave, he breaks down into tears and starts rambling about how I don't care about him and I don't appreciate him enough ,etc. 
I know it all bullshit and hes just trying to guilt trip me into staying but I sitll feel bad for it. 

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Vipergirl22:

If you are scared now or worried about it then you need to make things happen and get out. Don't wait for it and become a victim of physical abuse.

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess this is just really hard for me because every time i tell him I am leaving or I want to leave, he breaks down into tears and starts rambling about how I don't care about him and I don't appreciate him enough ,etc. 
I know it all bullshit and hes just trying to guilt trip me into staying but I sitll feel bad for it. 

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Yes, the guilt trips are his way of keeping you there. And they obviously work. He is controlling you with them plan and simple. Men like rarely change. Don't feel bad if you want to leave. You deserve better then that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)