Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Little whitey **update**

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM
  • 52 Replies
***update***
So, I talked to his teacher. She actually called me around 9, once the kids were at their first special. She knows the child well, and has numerous issues with him throughout the year. But, he's always skirted right on the edge of bullying, so not a whole lot could be done. However, his behavior towards my son IS bullying, and goes directly against the school corporation's zero bullying policy. The entire thing is being referred to the principal for her to handle now. His teacher has told me though that she will keep me up to date with what happens, at least as much as she can.

Looks like I'm going to be going inside today when I drop my kids off to school.

There is one child that seems to believe it's his duty to make my ODS(8 on Friday) miserable. He teases him for his haircut, his teeth, that he likes to read..... His teacher has been doing her best, and S/O and I have also done what we could to reassure Z that he definitely isn't the problem. But, we also didn't want to teach him that he could just run from a situation. His teacher was out sick all last week though, and apparently that gave the hellion the leniency he needed. I picked my boysup on Friday and Z was in tears. Apparently now this child has taken to calling him "little whitey". Now, z is the epitome of a little caucasion kiddo.....pale, freckles, blonde hair, blue eyes. He was telling me that if any of the other students even try talking to him, the hellion shoves in with the name calling and general asshole behavior(not in so many terms).

This morning I had to it in bed with him, trying to coax him out of bed. He was in tears begging me to not go to school. "But momma, I don't like being called names!!!!!"

This crap ends today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmamax2
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid:( Bullying should never be tolerated. Ever. The school should have done something about this kid already.

I'd be at that school and not leave until they did something about it.

Good luck!

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Take those claws out and swipe someone good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Your child soinds like he is sensitive. Kids are going to bully and call names. It is a fact of life. Teach your son to defend himself. He is an easy target .
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Poor little guy. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Go get 'em momma bear! 

I hope your kiddo gets some relief from this bully. 

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Poor kid. I hope you get the problem fixed.
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Interesting that you take such a passive approach to bullying. It's also our job to protect our kids. Bullying shouldn't be normal....it has to end.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your child soinds like he is sensitive. Kids are going to bully and call names. It is a fact of life. Teach your son to defend himself. He is an easy target .

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this
He is sensitive. But he also shouldn't HAVE to defend himself against other children. Especially not on a damn near daily basis. And I refuse to allow his academics to suffer because some other kid isn't being taught proper behavior by his parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM
If he doesn't learn now how to defend himslef or to blow it off then he is going to have a long and miserable childhood. Is he an only child?

Quoting JenB1983:

He is sensitive. But he also shouldn't HAVE to defend himself against other children. Especially not on a damn near daily basis. And I refuse to allow his academics to suffer because some other kid isn't being taught proper behavior by his parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Honestly you will probably just make it worse for him. Teach him to defend himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN