Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a hard time respecting women who.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Don't have custody of their children.

If I hear about a woman who doesn't have custody of her children, I always wonder why? There is nothing in this world that could make me give up my children, nor would I ever allow myself to be in a position to lose them. You are their mother, you are supposed to be the most stable part of their life (you, and their father). I am not talking about shared custody with a father. I completely understand and greatly respect that. I am talking about the mothers whose child lives with their parents, or lives with the father full time, etc. Those kinds of situations just don't make sense to me.

I'm sure there are going to be people who have a fit and tell me that I don't know these people's situations. And they will be right, I don't. But I cannot picture a situation that for me it would be acceptable to give up my children. To me, a mother always finds a way.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Which is why I don't respect them.

Quoting Anonymous:

women who dont have custody of their kids probaly have a real bad reason why they are not...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I have a friend that has custody of his daughter and his ex is 30,000 behind on child support. All because she made really bad choices including drugs and moved in with a registered sex offender. She will never have custody again because of the choices she made.

I do not respect her and never will.
cydslove
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

You have such a strong belief in this why go amon? Some women lets face facts can not deal with being mothers and some dont even know until they have a child because they had such high hopes and didnt fully understand the gravity of being a mother. Putting your child first in all things may mean that at some point the kids need to be with their father or grandparents where stability is more important then saying  I am the mother they stay with me but abuse and neglect them. Yeah then those are the same kids we see on tv missing or found murder by said mom who didnt put her Children first just the title of being mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Clearly, you're not getting the picture. You really don't know the situation. I'm not defending a drug addict mom. I'm simply giving an example of a mom who did have to give up her child, by choice, so she can better herself and allow her daughter to be raised in a better situation. I completely agree that some mothers are pieces of shit if they willingly give up their child just because they don't want to raise it. Even in that case, better for the child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes if she was chosing drugs over her child I would absolutely look down on her!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't picture that maybe that mother is unstable? Maybe she's on drugs, or was, and is trying to get clean and sober? My ex's SIL was in that situation. She had to give up her daughter for the girl's sake. Her mother took charge while she fixed herself. She says she regrets her past, but 18 years later, her and her daughter are closer than ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I agree with you. I've known quite a few women actually that have lost custody of their kids, and they can give any excuse they want, but the fact is, most judges aren't that quick to take children from their mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Illness is one I hadn't thought of. That one I can understand.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Maybe it's for financial reasons? Illness? You don't know. It's not always because the woman is a loser.

Quoting Anonymous:

What I don't understand is how a woman can let herself get in a position where it is actually better for a child to be with anyone but their mother.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Sometimes it's better for the kids to be with the father. A man isn't capable of raising a child? 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I agree but for mothers who are diagnosed with ppd i do understand. You can't control it and sometimes it comes down to letting someone else care for the child. Other then that yes i have a hard time respecting them also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM

A mother might have something going on in her life where she considered it better that her children do not live with her. Perhaps a mother was struggling with an addiction of some kind, and decided she wanted to get better, so she gave up custody so she could accomplish that....maybe give her child(ren) some stability? Do you also no respect women who give their babies up for adoption?

I have no respect for women who have children and do not want them. Women who neglect and abuse their children.

needsupport100
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM

also, my dad walked away at a very young age for me and my brothers, one brother was through another mom and got adopted into another family, and though i have issues with it STILL all in all i'm glad he did cause i didn't have to sit through the fights and battles that come with a divided family

i think parents who can walk away from their kids cause it's best are better than those that wait til their kids get TAKEN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN