Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know it's wrong, but I'm kinda proud

Posted by   + Show Post

Apparently there was this kid trash talking my son at school.  My son is 17; he is a Junior.

Well, Tristan (my son) had enough.  The kids decided to meet up and "duke it out."

By the time the fight was stopped, and the kids were hauled into the principal's office, the Principal thought this was going to go down as an assault on my son.  Pretty much, my kid beat the other kid's ass.

After watching school video, it is classified as a fight.  Both kids met up in a area of the school they weren't supposed to be in.  And they both fought.  But kid took the upper hand.

They are both suspended for 3 days.  And while I will never tell my son this, I'm kinda proud that he kicked ass and didn't get his ass kicked.

Horrible, right?  

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

LOL I gotcha. Yes, deep down inside, secretly, unbeknownst to anyone else, I would be very proud.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Trust me, we are very angry.  And he is in a lot of trouble at home.  I'm not proud that he got in the fight, just proud that since he did, he took care of business.  And I have not, and will not, tell him that.  :)  Violence is not condoned in our house either.

Quoting s.osborne:

There are so many sides and angles to this, but I would be pround my son didn't get his ass kicked, but I would be SO angry at him for starting a fight or even agreeing to meet up for a fight ESPECIALLY on school grounds. If another kid jumps mine, or swings first, he can hit back. Other than that, I wouldn't condone violence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM

No, "most kids" do not.  Count up from age 5 in Kindergarten, 6 in 1st, 7 in 2nd, etc.  My kds were a bit early, but only a year ahead of normal.  All students graduate by 17 in my children's school or they are removed.  I can't even imagine a bearded 19 year old in high school!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um huh? Most kids graduate at 18-19.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

What?  Did you READ the post?  Tristan is the one that kicked ass.

Where did all of the bitches come from today?  Who decided that today was the day it is okay to insult kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

He was probably getting his ass kicked because his name is Tristan. Horrible.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

I would be too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

i would be to. people have made their kids into wusses, and theyre not allowed to stand up for themselves anymore. i bet the other kid won't be messing with him anymore. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I dont know anyone under 17 who graduates. They r all17 and 18 . However I agree with the rest. My kid would be I. Deep sh*t

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
6 moms liked this

My son got in trouble at school for fighting a bully once.  He saw a girl lying on the floor crying and asked what happened and the guy (two years older) told my son to mind his own business, grabbed the girl by her hair and pushed my son down.  My kid beat the crap out of him. Yes he got suspended for fighting, but I was damn proud of him and told him so.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
They're ASSnons!!! Not even proud enough to show their names LOL.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Where did all of the bitches come from today?  Who decided that today was the day it is okay to insult kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Yes I read it. You said the kid was trash talking Tristan which is what started the whole thing. He was prob making fun of his girly name.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the first time he's been in trouble at school.  He is in a shit load of trouble at home.

Quoting svolkov:

I dont know anyone under 17 who graduates. They r all17 and 18 . However I agree with the rest. My kid would be I. Deep sh*t

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)