Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know it's wrong, but I'm kinda proud

Posted by   + Show Post

Apparently there was this kid trash talking my son at school.  My son is 17; he is a Junior.

Well, Tristan (my son) had enough.  The kids decided to meet up and "duke it out."

By the time the fight was stopped, and the kids were hauled into the principal's office, the Principal thought this was going to go down as an assault on my son.  Pretty much, my kid beat the other kid's ass.

After watching school video, it is classified as a fight.  Both kids met up in a area of the school they weren't supposed to be in.  And they both fought.  But kid took the upper hand.

They are both suspended for 3 days.  And while I will never tell my son this, I'm kinda proud that he kicked ass and didn't get his ass kicked.

Horrible, right?  

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
6 moms liked this

You are stupid. My Daughter will be 18 when she graduates because she could not start kinder based on school age and birthday restrictions. I think you are pulling shit out of your ass to try and insult and it is not working. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, "most kids" do not.  Count up from age 5 in Kindergarten, 6 in 1st, 7 in 2nd, etc.  My kds were a bit early, but only a year ahead of normal.  All students graduate by 17 in my children's school or they are removed.  I can't even imagine a bearded 19 year old in high school!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um huh? Most kids graduate at 18-19.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i would be to. people have made their kids into wusses, and theyre not allowed to stand up for themselves anymore. i bet the other kid won't be messing with him anymore. 

Even if he would have lost the fight he stood up for himself. Now other kids know that he won't stand for being bullied. I don't like fighting either, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
You whine about anons being anon, then pretend you don't care. Haha. Lame.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

we don't care to either. but if youre going to be cuntastic, own it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That argument is so tiring. I've been on CM since 2007 and ALWAYS GO ANON.

You wouldn't know my sn anyway.

Quoting lapcounter:

They're ASSnons!!! Not even proud enough to show their names LOL.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

What?  Did you READ the post?  Tristan is the one that kicked ass.

Where did all of the bitches come from today?  Who decided that today was the day it is okay to insult kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

He was probably getting his ass kicked because his name is Tristan. Horrible.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Ummm....no....most kids start first grade at 6.

I was 17 when I graduated because I have a late birthday and when I started school the cut of rule didn't apply.

You are supposed to 17-18 when you graduate public school. Now with the September 1 cut off some kids are closer to 19

Quoting Anonymous:

No, "most kids" do not.  Count up from age 5 in Kindergarten, 6 in 1st, 7 in 2nd, etc.  My kds were a bit early, but only a year ahead of normal.  All students graduate by 17 in my children's school or they are removed.  I can't even imagine a bearded 19 year old in high school!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um huh? Most kids graduate at 18-19.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
1 mom liked this

My DD will be 18 when she graduates.  She started school at 5.  Her birthday is January so she turned six during Kinder.  Cutoff was 1 Sept. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My son's birthday is mid November.  He started Kindergarten at 4.  Why couldn't your son start at 5 since 5 years old is a normal start for Kindergarten in th us (or are you OCONUS?)?  He would have been almost 6 anyway.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I agree with the first part of your statement, but not the second...  Different school districts have restrictions on when the child starts kinder...  My son has a late year birthday and wasn't allowed to start kinder till he was almost 7.  He'll be 18 when he graduates...

Quoting Anonymous:

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

thank you. i mean really. i know cm reads these threads. they see these anons being assholes just bc their life sucks balls. they need to just get rid of the anon option. they didn't fully think things through. funny, how this is a post about bullying, and you get assnon in here being.......a bully.....lame. and stupid. 

Quoting lapcounter:

Awesome reply :)

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

we don't care to either. but if youre going to be cuntastic, own it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That argument is so tiring. I've been on CM since 2007 and ALWAYS GO ANON.

You wouldn't know my sn anyway.

Quoting lapcounter:

They're ASSnons!!! Not even proud enough to show their names LOL.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

What?  Did you READ the post?  Tristan is the one that kicked ass.

Where did all of the bitches come from today?  Who decided that today was the day it is okay to insult kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

He was probably getting his ass kicked because his name is Tristan. Horrible.

Anonymous

My son was 4 and my daughter was 5, but both are gifted.  They started college at 16 and graduated at 20 with their undegrad degrees.  They had their advanced degrees (MD and DVM) by age 24.

I do not lie about my childrens' educational history. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Right.. Someone is lying. Unless ur kids started kindergarten at like 3

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Of course we're not happy.  But, if it was going to happen, I would rather my kid take the upper hand, ya know?  And I have not/will not tell my son that I am proud that he "won."

Quoting spooky415:

I would be terribly disappointed if my son agreed to 'duke it out.'

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Most kids graduate at 17or 18 and are not delayed. I'm calling troll , cause everyone knows that its rare for kids to graduate at 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

SheciaBaby
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
At 15 I was a freshman... Wtf well 14 made 15 that Oct.

Quoting svolkov:

I dont know anyone under 17 who graduates. They r all17 and 18 . However I agree with the rest. My kid would be I. Deep sh*t

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured