Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is about gays and being in a committed relationship

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How would you feel if you were in this situation?

Options:

I would be against him/her being gay but not against him/her being in a committed relationship

I would be ok with him/her being gay but against him/her being in a committed relationship

I would be ok with him/her being gay and being in a committed relationship.

Other (albeit I don't know why I'm giving this as an option because I think it covered it all)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2296

View Results

If your teenage (between the ages of 14-17) daughter/son confessed to you that they were gay and that they were dating someone who they plan on marrying after that graduate high school or college, how would you feel about it?

Which would bother you more: that they are gay or all ready committed to someone at such a young age?

I wouldn't care if my son told me he was gay but what I would care about is him being in a committed relationship at such a young age. I don't believe that teens should be serious with anyone until they at least graduate high or college.

What if they get tied down at such an early age and then regret it years later?

Not alot of high school sweethearts stay married after a certain amount of time. They grow apart and realize that they aren't happy with each other anymore.

What if they are tied down to someone and there is someone better for them out there in the world?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Replies (141-150):
banana-bear
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
I'd be upset on both accounts so I chose other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Um, wtf did I just read? You are purposefully raising players?

Quoting Anonymous:

Gay or not...no committed relationships until after highschool. PERIOD. My boys can date, but they can't take the same girl out twice in row. House rule.
xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:06 AM
I don't care who my son marries, so long as it's for love. At that age, there's a chance it won't last. But if it did, then good for him!
.lovemybebes.
by :) on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM
I wouldn't mind it at all. Them being in a committed relationship? It depends, if they're like Edward and Bella(you know thar weird obsession with each other) I would have a problem, but if they were just for each other, and it didn't mess up their education it would be fine.
lnk8522
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM

id be ok with him being gay, and in a commited relationship right NOW, but i wouldnt be ok with marriage straight out of high school. that would be whether hes gay or straight actually.

AmberRose1122
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM
I would take it one day at a time. It would bother me more about the commitment level, because I want my son to go to college and only focus on himself and his future right out of HS.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting banana-bear:

Um, wtf did I just read? You are purposefully raising players?

Quoting Anonymous:

Gay or not...no committed relationships until after highschool. PERIOD. My boys can date, but they can't take the same girl out twice in row. House rule.

I'm sort of stunned by that comment too.  

Training your boy to not get invested in a girl makes zero sense to me.

How will they learn to be loving partners if you teach them they shouldn't get attached???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I got "engaged" twice at that age...neither would bother me. Committed relationship means she/he isn't the school slut at least.
Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM

My husband and I were high school sweethearts and this will be our 13th year of marriage.  My best friend is a gay man who as been married for 15 years, since we were 18.  I am surrounded by people who fell in love and married young.  I also know that just because kids say that they are committed and want to get married it doesn't mean that it will happen.  Then there is the fact that it's my child's life to live.  All things considered, nothing would bother me.  I'd just offer my support for whatever she needed.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Quoting KairisMama:

I'd never condone a marriage right after HS, no matter my child's sexual orientation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN